Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16 NIT teams announced

Featured Replies

A few surprises from the NIT bracket that I noticied right of the bat is Louisville and Duke not being in it. I have to think they declined. Another team left out that really surprises me is Belmont with 26 wins I thought they would be in for sure and I would have thought they would have accepted.

Louisville said immediately they were not playing in the NIT.

  • Author

I just read online that both Louisville and Duke both turned down the NIT even before the selection show for the NIT as soon as the NCAA tournament selection show concluded they both said they would not play in the NIT. Other schools who the article said declined to play in the NIT were Xavier, St. Johns, and Seton Hall. I would thank that Cincinnati would have as well but the story did not mention the Bearcats.

What about Cal’s Cats? They get an offer?

58 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I just read online that both Louisville and Duke both turned down the NIT even before the selection show for the NIT as soon as the NCAA tournament selection show concluded they both said they would not play in the NIT. Other schools who the article said declined to play in the NIT were Xavier, St. Johns, and Seton Hall. I would thank that Cincinnati would have as well but the story did not mention the Bearcats.

I believe a few years back the NCAA (which owns the NIT) made a rule that schools were not allowed to turn down a bid to the NIT. However, with Covid and teams having already spent most of the year in a quasi-bubble, I imagine they gave those schools an opportunity to say no and let their kids go home.

3 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I believe a few years back the NCAA (which owns the NIT) made a rule that schools were not allowed to turn down a bid to the NIT. However, with Covid and teams having already spent most of the year in a quasi-bubble, I imagine they gave those schools an opportunity to say no and let their kids go home.

How is the NCAA going to force a team to accept a bid? What’s the penalty if they don’t?

Teams like Louisville and Duke just want the 2020-2021 season over.   Regroup and hope things are back to normal as possible come October.  Healthy players and no more COVID pauses.

9 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

How is the NCAA going to force a team to accept a bid? What’s the penalty if they don’t?

 

Double secret probation.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.