Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Holmes

Featured Replies

What's going on with Covington Holmes? They are making good passes, running the floor, and they seem to be able to read each other. My goodness, they're looking like a basketball team. This is not the young Holmes team I saw a couple of years ago in the state tournament. This is a more mature team with promise. They have the horses, so if they can stick together like they showed me this weekend, they can make a run.

 

Good job Coach Henley!

Maturity obviously plays a big part.

Maturity obviously plays a big part.

 

 

Still early but I hope it continues.

Maturity obviously plays a big part.

 

I think the biggest change is their overall maturity. I spoke to a guy the other night who said Rice for one is a completely different player from last year.

 

Also these young men know what they have to do this year after being bounced early last year by Dixie. They learned their lesson from past mistakes, but it also helps when you have an Austin Hill there to set the example and push everyone to give their best. Keep it up men. :thumb:

The bottom line is you live and hopefully learn from your mistakes. Last year every player wanted to be the star andd know one took the leadership role. This year from the beginning Austin has stepped up and took conrol of this team. Greg Rice has become coachable and if eveything stays the way it is, this team can go far. Time will tell, but IMO I think this team will stay focused on the overall goal, which is to make it back to rupp and hopefully bring home a state trophy. My advise is to continue to play unselfish ball and listen to Coach Henley. Good luck Dawgs you know I'm pulling fo ya.

Just my opinion as an outsider, but I would say the newly acquired assistant coach has had a lot to do with how much Covington Holmes has improved. Those players and that school lucked out, they got a great one. Best of luck to you all the rest of the year.

The bottom line is you live and hopefully learn from your mistakes. Last year every player wanted to be the star andd know one took the leadership role. This year from the beginning Austin has stepped up and took conrol of this team. Greg Rice has become coachable and if eveything stays the way it is, this team can go far. Time will tell, but IMO I think this team will stay focused on the overall goal, which is to make it back to rupp and hopefully bring home a state trophy. My advise is to continue to play unselfish ball and listen to Coach Henley. Good luck Dawgs you know I'm pulling fo ya.

 

 

Good advice DD. Also, I would love to see the Evans Fieldhouse PACKED the way it used to be when I was there many moons ago. Basketball was "king" at Holmes then....heck you had to stand in line to get tickets to the JV game in order to have a seat for the Varsity game. And those battles with CovCath, Holy Cross and Newport were great! Sorry, I guess you can never go back but it's never too late to start another tradition. I challenge all Holmes students, alumni and fans to fill the Fieldhouse. Let's get it LOUD like it used to be.

Just my opinion as an outsider, but I would say the newly acquired assistant coach has had a lot to do with how much Covington Holmes has improved. Those players and that school lucked out, they got a great one. Best of luck to you all the rest of the year.

 

 

Sullivan? if that is who you are talking about they have a heck of an assistant.

Sullivan? if that is who you are talking about they have a heck of an assistant.

 

Is this the same Sullivan who was the head man at Campbell County?

Tim Sullivan, Holmes graduate, played for Mike Flynn. He was previously the head coach at St. Pat and then an assistant at Mason County last season. A tremendous person and an outstanding young coach.

Do reminber the 9th region final at Campbell County with Holy Cross? Double overtime and standing room only. That maybe the best bball game ever played in the 9th region. Give opinons please

 

 

 

 

 

Good advice DD. Also, I would love to see the Evans

Fieldhouse PACKED the way it used to be when I was there many moons ago. Basketball was "king" at Holmes then....heck you had to stand in line to get tickets to the JV game in order to have a seat for the Varsity game. And those battles with CovCath, Holy Cross and Newport were great! Sorry, I guess you can never go back but it's never too late to start another tradition. I challenge all Holmes students, alumni and fans to fill the Fieldhouse. Let's get it LOUD like it used to be.

Sully is a great coach and will get the best of every kid on that team and they will respect him. I have know him since he was a kid and know his entire family and Holmes deserves a guy like this. His mother was along time cheerleading sponsor and was repsected as well.Good luck Bulldogs.

Sully is a great coach and will get the best of every kid on that team and they will respect him. I have know him since he was a kid and know his entire family and Holmes deserves a guy like this. His mother was along time cheerleading sponsor and was repsected as well.Good luck Bulldogs.

 

I believe he was also the Freshman coach at Scott for a short period of time. If it is Holmes has a fine assisant that should be a head coach very shortly.

I believe he was also the Freshman coach at Scott for a short period of time. If it is Holmes has a fine assisant that should be a head coach very shortly.

 

 

It is the same one and yes he is a outstanding coach and when Henley leaves Sullivan will get the HC position.

It is the same one and yes he is a outstanding coach and when Henley leaves Sullivan will get the HC position.

 

I have a feeling that wont be too long from now.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.