Christian Academy Louisville - 2021 Schedule

• 6 months later...
3 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

Well since they don’t let coaches play in the games I’m not sure how much difference this makes although I guess it does look good on paper.

Personal opinion, but I'm gonna say the name "Chris Redman" does more than just look good on paper. When you're the son of a guy who had over 300 head coaching wins, 3 state championship wins and 3 state championship runners up in the state's largest class....I'm gonna assume you've probably got a decent bit of coaching knowledge to pass on.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Personal opinion, but I'm gonna say the name "Chris Redman" does more than just look good on paper. When you're the son of a guy who had over 300 head coaching wins, 3 state championship wins and 3 state championship runners up in the state's largest class....I'm gonna assume you've probably got a decent bit of coaching knowledge to pass on.

All 3 are great hires for that coaching staff.  I know Bilal Powell's son is also in the CAL program (younger than high school though) so I could only assume he'll eventually get added to the HS staff.  My son worked with Keith Trowbridge a little last summer and enjoyed it quite a bit.  Quite a few positives going for CAL right now on the coaching front.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I doubt he coaches at this school as long as his father coached at Male. But I figured my comment would get some attention but the only point I’m making is there’s more to coaching football than having a famous name.

In my experience, the best coaches are those who effectively communicate their knowledge and understanding of the game to teenagers. Sometimes former college and NFL players can struggle because of the teaching aspect that comes with coaching. If he's all in and can communicate effectively, Chris Redman could be a huge asset for CAL.