2021 Bowl Games & Locations

On 2/3/2021 at 12:22 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Trojan Trail Turf War
Aug 27 at Barren County
Grayson County vs. Barren County

I would love to see this go to a two game affair I don’t care for these one game bowls because you’re basically just sticking a bowl name on a regular season game. And yes I understand that all bowl games count as a regular season game but two games make it more interesting to the fans. In most cases it signals the opening of the season and a lot of times you get to see teams you don’t get to see much or never.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

I would love to see this go to a two game affair I don’t care for these one game bowls because you’re basically just sticking a bowl name on a regular season game. And yes I understand that all bowl games count as a regular season game but two games make it more interesting to the fans. In most cases it signals the opening of the season and a lot of times you get to see teams you don’t get to see much or never.

Didn’t Barren and Glasgow use to cohost a bowl?

Yes it used to be host by the hospital but for whatever reason that sponsorship ended and Glasgow wanted the bowl to continue so they rebranded it the Scottie bowl and picked up numerous sponsors. But for some reason Barren didn’t participate any further with this bowl and then last year they started their own which I like I just wish it was two games.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 3:56 PM, The Oracle said:

Anybody know the drive time from Park Hills to Belfry?

Asking for a friend.

Probably 75 to Lexington.  64 East to mountain parkway, mtn parkway to 23 south toward pikeville and then left on 119 North will take you right to the school about 23 miles.    Or you could AA highway to interstate 64 go east to 23 South toward pikeville and then left on 119 North 

On 3/3/2021 at 11:56 AM, The Flea Market said:

Wonder if the Danville coaching situation will change anything  with their team?

I doubt it. First, it’s pretty late to break contracts. Second, their bowl set up is a three-team affair with Lincoln and Garrard. Breaking those contracts would put their neighbors in a bind. I think the bigger issue for Danville is filling the open dates they have remaining. 

On 1/11/2021 at 3:05 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Danville Pigskin Classic
Aug 27 & 28 at Danville
Danville vs. Lincoln County

Don Franklin Bowl
Aug 19 & 20 at Southwestern
Madison Southern vs. Southwestern

King of Bluegrass Bowl
Aug 20 & 21 at Fairdale

Haven't heard much else about these bowls...

39 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Haven't heard much else about these bowls...

Danville Pigskin Classic is on Saturday, August 28 at Danville High School. Danville vs. Lincoln County, Garrard County vs. Casey County. I suspect the Garrard/Casey game will be first but I haven't seen game times yet.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...