Colonels_Wear_Blue

2021 Bowl Games & Locations

As I understand it, Campbell County is working on putting together a 4-game freshman bowl for the beginning of the football season. I really like that!

On 2/5/2021 at 4:10 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

As I understand it, Campbell County is working on putting together a 4-game freshman bowl for the beginning of the football season. I really like that!

They did that fall of 2019 as well.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2021 at 12:22 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Trojan Trail Turf War
Aug 27 at Barren County
Grayson County vs. Barren County

I would love to see this go to a two game affair I don’t care for these one game bowls because you’re basically just sticking a bowl name on a regular season game. And yes I understand that all bowl games count as a regular season game but two games make it more interesting to the fans. In most cases it signals the opening of the season and a lot of times you get to see teams you don’t get to see much or never.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

I would love to see this go to a two game affair I don’t care for these one game bowls because you’re basically just sticking a bowl name on a regular season game. And yes I understand that all bowl games count as a regular season game but two games make it more interesting to the fans. In most cases it signals the opening of the season and a lot of times you get to see teams you don’t get to see much or never.

Didn’t Barren and Glasgow use to cohost a bowl?

Yes it used to be host by the hospital but for whatever reason that sponsorship ended and Glasgow wanted the bowl to continue so they rebranded it the Scottie bowl and picked up numerous sponsors. But for some reason Barren didn’t participate any further with this bowl and then last year they started their own which I like I just wish it was two games.

• Like 1

Not sure which other teams are competing, but at least one game for the Mingua Beef Jerky Bowl thus far...

Migua Beef Jerky Bowl
Aug 20 at Henry Clay
Conner vs. Lafayette - 6:00pm

Forcht Bank Bowl
Aug 20 & 21 at Campbellsville University

Aug 21 - Casey County vs. Louisville Holy Cross