Boyd County at Holmes Predictions/Updates (4A Playoffs)

DevilMayCare

Lions vs. Bulldogs  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2020 at 12:30 AM

Holmes has quietly been one of the hottest teams in 4A and NKY over the last six weeks, winning six straight games dating back to Week 4. The Bulldogs have found success on the strength of a defense allowing fifteen points per game during the current win streak and the legs of the Calloway brothers, who've combined to form a potent backfield tandem.

Boyd County has enjoyed a resurgent season of sorts, winning three of its first four games after winning only three games the previous three years combined. The Lions have dropped three straight following the 3-1 start, but a handful of plays is all that separated them from victory in each one.

One of those losses was a 26-15 setback to Holmes on October 9th. A pair of early Lions miscues put them in a 14-0 hole they never quite got out of. Holmes has been the top dawg in District 6 this year, but Boyd County has been very competitive with every opponent on its schedule except one. The Bulldogs are deservedly the favorite, but this game could be a sleeper pick for a 4 over 1 seed upset.

4mrwwu.thumb.jpg.e20bd515171915e68cb8e89aa6911474.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s kind of hard to believe that Boyd County is the four seed, I have saw all of Holmes games and I honestly thought Boyd was the second best team in district, no disrespect to Harrison or Rowan, they just looked the most complete. About a two and half hour bus ride to Covington, give me Holmes in a pretty good game, just think Holmes has a little more speed, but don’t count Boyd out, hope to give some updates, I’m doing pa this week, so will squeeze some in when I can.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, allsport71 said:

It’s kind of hard to believe that Boyd County is the four seed, I have saw all of Holmes games and I honestly thought Boyd was the second best team in district, no disrespect to Harrison or Rowan, they just looked the most complete. About a two and half hour bus ride to Covington, give me Holmes in a pretty good game, just think Holmes has a little more speed, but don’t count Boyd out, hope to give some updates, I’m doing pa this week, so will squeeze some in when I can.

Rowan and Boyd Didn't play(Covid). I think both beat Harrison. I would have thought Harrison would be 4th though. In the end I think Harrison dropped out anyway and Rowan has a bye.

(859) Radio can't wait to bring this one to the football fans around the state.  Going to be lots of running today as both teams have both thrown for just over 300 yards each.  Boyd has the three headed monster of Stevens, Staten and Kelly who each have over 500 yards rushing.  Holmes will counter with the Calloway twins:  QB Quantez has rushed for over 1000 and Tayquan has almost 800 yards on the ground.  Holmes comes in the home favorite having beaten the Lions 26-15, but that was almost 6 weeks ago and the Lions are hungry.  Click here to listen.  Also, no fee to watch and listen.  On me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1