Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UMASS 72 Louisville 68

Featured Replies

  • Replies 71
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UMass has got a good team. This didn't surprise me as I told one of my friends I thought UMass would win by 5 or 6.

Any other options! They UMass that played at Freedom Hall tonight can beat UK, but I don't think they can guard Morris.

Then again, who has guarded Morris well this year?

I can picture the start of my NCAA bracket looking like this:

 

1) UNC

16) Play-in Game

 

8) UK

9) Louisville

 

LOL.

 

Both Louisville & UK have alot of work to do before that is even a possibility. UK would be lucky to get an 8 and Louisville would be lucky to make it at all.

 

Plus the Selection Committee wouldn't let this happen.

Both Louisville & UK have alot of work to do before that is even a possibility. UK would be lucky to get an 8 and Louisville would be lucky to make it at all.

 

Plus the Selection Committee wouldn't let this happen.

 

I think the Selection Committee would love to see this. That is, if either team can play their way into that seed.

I think the Selection Committee would love to see this. That is, if either team can play their way into that seed.

 

When was the last time that two teams met in the regular season & then played again in the 1st round of the tournament? I would say its pretty rare. If they were as bad as UK & UofL, would they ever put Duke & unc together in the first round? I doubt it.

When was the last time that two teams met in the regular season & then played again in the 1st round of the tournament? I would say its pretty rare. If they were as bad as UK & UofL, would they ever put Duke & unc together in the first round? I doubt it.

If UK and UL are in that 8 or 9 position, the committee would not put them together. This would be too obvious.

Pitino is having to adjust to being the second or third best coach at Louisville, not the number 1 coach. Petrino is attempting (and Succeeding) at make U of L a football school, so football gets most of the media attention. U of L's womens team is playing well and ranked in the top 25. So that leaves Pitino having extra pressure on him to get away from the bashing.

UMass & Dayton??? Wow what would Louisville be if they were in the A-10!! Haha

 

What's funny about all this is that, outside of Kentucky and Arizona (obviously), these are maybe the only two decent teams that Pitino plays in his pre-conference schedule. So every time Captain Scheduling Avoidance loses one of these games, it pushes him further and further into his I-have-to-schedule-cupcakes-so-that-I'm-unbeaten-before-conference-play mentality.

 

It's pretty typical of a lot of programs. Lots of teams that were traditional rivals (not naming and names *Cincinnati* ugh cough *Marquette*) stopped scheduling Dayton because they got tired of us beating them. The same is happening to UL. Dayton's beaten them the last two times and so we're about to wave bye-bye to the last gasps of a rival that has been ongoing since these two played in the NIT final back in 1962 and were in the Missouri Valley Conference.

 

I guess I got a little out of control there. Bottom line... Pitino doesn't deserve his free pass anymore. I soured on him years ago. Anyone hear his excuse after the game? He said his players weren't "conditioned enough." This is laughable. Pitino's had years to get the kind of athletes he wants but he keeps botching the job. I'm done with this guy.

Both Louisville & UK have alot of work to do before that is even a possibility. UK would be lucky to get an 8 and Louisville would be lucky to make it at all.

 

Plus the Selection Committee wouldn't let this happen.

 

The Selection Committee would lick their chops at the possibility of a game like that in the first round. They always go all out to put a little "behind the scenes" meaning into those first-round games - just ask EKU.

The Selection Committee would lick their chops at the possibility of a game like that in the first round. They always go all out to put a little "behind the scenes" meaning into those first-round games - just ask EKU.

:thumb: ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.