Corbin at Somerset Predictions/Updates

Jumpers vs. Hounds  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/30/2020 at 11:30 PM

Redhounds go hunting in the Briar Patch

Somerset (5-1, #2 in 2A) had to marinate in the loss to LCA for an extra week after the Washington County game was cancelled. They'll attempt to jump back into the win column against a Corbin team coming in hot on the heels of a blowout of Wayne County. It was the latest in a string of defensive gems from the Redhounds (5-1, #5 in 4A). They've been dialed in on defense, allowing just 21 total points over the last four games. 

For decades, this was a marquee game on each team's schedule, back when the two shared a district. The series was rekindled last year, with Somerset narrowly outpointing Corbin 27-26. Kaiya Sheron and Kade Grundy lit up the Hounds' secondary that night, but they're facing a stinger unit this time around. This game is especially important for Somerset. A win over a high quality opponent gets them back on track and earns them substantial RPI points against the 4A Redhounds, while a loss sends them backpedaling into the playoffs with back to back losses.

You've probably heard of the tortoise and the hare, but this week we find out if the hare can outrun the hound. Historically, the Redhounds have outpaced the Jumpers, leading the all-time series 39-23-5.

4jsn5q.jpg.d164a50adebc369d697d3b04af9dd473.jpg

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cheese said:

Corbin Defense just too much for Somerset to overcome. Plus hearing Somerset will be down some players due to injuries. 

Corbin 35

Somerset 14

I saw the Corbin/Wayne County game.  While Corbin certainly has a good team I saw an awful lot of Wayne County receivers getting open against the Redhound's defense.  The Cardinals just didn't have the accuracy to hit them and they dropped some easy ones when they did.   Somerset has better receivers and a better quarterback.   If they were health I think they'd put up some big numbers in this game.  However,  I don't know if we'll see Sheron and Grundy at all.   If not, Corbin should take this one.   Somerset was able to squeak out a win at Corbin last year while missing 3 starting offensive linemen.   I don't know if they can do the same with their skill position players ailing.  

• Thanks 1

Wayne has a good QB. The passes were on the money most the time, the receivers just couldn’t catch them. I agree our weakness is in the passing game on defense but it’s not to bad either. Our DLine though is for real. Should be fun. Honestly, Corbin is not even close to where we was when we played last year. I don’t even think about then. It’s gone. Beechwood has the best QB we have faced so far. He was good for 20 points and were a better team defensively now.