Olivier Sarr And Jacob Toppin Declared Eligible for Kentucky by NCAA and SEC for 20-21 season.

GOREDDEVILS

UK has such a turnover in players that I can’t keep up with who’s on the team anymore. Years ago I knew  about every player and a good guess of how much they might help the team but I don’t keep up with recruiting like I once did. Brooks is the only one I know much about and he’s a returning player. 

So those of you who do follow recruiting and talent please enlighten us on how this year’s team will look and how far they can possibly go in the league/tournaments. I’ve read enough to know getting Sarr eligible will definitely help but I don’t know much about the rest. 

51 minutes ago, The Professor said:

UK has such a turnover in players that I can’t keep up with who’s on the team anymore. Years ago I knew  about every player and a good guess of how much they might help the team but I don’t keep up with recruiting like I once did. Brooks is the only one I know much about and he’s a returning player. 

So those of you who do follow recruiting and talent please enlighten us on how this year’s team will look and how far they can possibly go in the league/tournaments. I’ve read enough to know getting Sarr eligible will definitely help but I don’t know much about the rest. 

I got out on following recruiting because it means less and less each year. Yes, it is awesome to have the 5-Star blue chippers. But the amount of Freshman that come in and have a sizeable impact is small across the board. The late off-season transfers and reclassifying makes it hard to evaluate. I would rather take a gamble on a guy like Sarr than a gamble on a developmental project.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Professor said:

With the news last night, I believe they just become a Top 5 team potentially.

This will be their first #1 recruiting class since 2015.  Their first top 5 recruit since 2015 (and they have two of them).  Sarr is the #1 transfer in the country.  Senior PG and Senior C.  This team could go 10-11 deep.

They have three guys that could be big stars, all new guys: Sarr, Boston and Askew.

I'm hoping they still have and televise a Blue & White scrimmage, even without fans.

• Thanks 1