Colts 31 Bengals 27

Can’t put a full game together. Last week defense played a solid game, while the offense struggled. Today the defense gets to play with the lead and gives it up. 

It was good to see AJ Green get going some today. Hopefully they can build off that, or at worst improve his trade value some. 

Randy Bullock makes a long kick, which is something he has struggled with in his career. But then he missed a big kick that would have given them the lead in the 4th. He truly is a solid kicker for quarters 1 through 3. He just is hard to trust in the 4th. 

Burrow played a pretty solid game. However, the interception at the end is just one of those things we will see sometimes with him being a rookie. Hopefully all these experiences, just helps him make a big jump in year two like he did in college in his second year starting. The Bengals definitely have their franchise QB in him!

• Like 1

Thoughts from a Colts fan perspective who was at the game. With our injuries we were playinng guys not in the program. It showed. For a quarter and a half , our receivers were being jammed at the line of scrimmage and couldn"t complete a route. The play was Taylor run, short  pass to Taylor out of the backfield , Taylor run. No good involvement of tight ends or receivers. That changed. On defense, all the backs had concrete shoes on. Burrow sent out 3 or 4 receivers and we watched them go by. That changed. I liked Burrow at LSU and I like him now. Your receivers looked good. 

5 minutes ago, Jaysie said:

Thoughts from a Colts fan perspective who was at the game. With our injuries we were playinng guys not in the program. It showed. For a quarter and a half , our receivers were being jammed at the line of scrimmage and couldn"t complete a route. The play was Taylor run, short  pass to Taylor out of the backfield , Taylor run. No good involvement of tight ends or receivers. That changed. On defense, all the backs had concrete shoes on. Burrow sent out 3 or 4 receivers and we watched them go by. That changed. I liked Burrow at LSU and I like him now. Your receivers looked good. 

Know the feeling, we were playing without 4 of our top 5 D tackles and our best D end but that’s true of almost every team.  Good comeback by your guys, congrats on the win!!  When Burrow gets a few more players around him (and a D coordinator) we’ve got a chance to be pretty good!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

You’re finally correct, I don’t 

People stay away from threads and update threads these days, because 90 percent of the things you and Sumo comment on is just the bad. Every now and then you all may throw a positive in, but it’s rare. 

Which in some games, yeah there literally is not much to be positive about. However, as I have mentioned before. Even in games Reds and Bengals have won the last few years. If you were to read the update threads, you would have never have thought they actually won usually based off your all’s post in the update threads. 

Have you and Sumo not realized that threads that use to always have more people posting. Literally now really have no one saying anything.  Besides you two just agreeing with each other’s negatives post? It is literally just you and Sumo anymore that post, and it is not because of the team struggling or people giving up for why people rarely post in these threads anymore. 

People wouldn’t say much about it, but as mentioned even when things are going well.  You all still seem to lean more to positing more of the few negative things that may happen, than the positive. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

People stay away from threads and update threads these days, because 90 percent of the things you and Sumo comment on is just the bad. Every now and then you all may throw a positive in, but it’s rare. 

Which in some games, yeah there literally is not much to be positive about. However, as I have mentioned before. Even in games Reds and Bengals have won the last few years. If you were to read the update threads, you would have never have thought they actually won usually based off your all’s post in the update threads. 

Have you and Sumo not realized that threads that use to always have more people posting. Literally now really have no one saying anything.  Besides you two just agreeing with each other’s negatives post? It is literally just you and Sumo anymore that post, and it is not because of the team struggling or people giving up for why people rarely post in these threads anymore. 

People wouldn’t say much about it, but as mentioned even when things are going well.  You all still seem to lean more to positing more of the few negative things that may happen, than the positive. 

You are correct, we both post both positive and negative, and yes, it has been more negative than positive but that’s because there’s been more negative about the Reds/Bengals to post, as I said, that’s just being honest, if people have a problem with that it’s on them, I’ve rooted for both these teams since 1968 without fail and always will, as a matter of fact I’d feel safe in saying I’m the most diehard supporter of both those teams on this forum but I’m honest about them too

I was happy to see A.J. Green with 8 catches for 96 yards.  He appeared to be using his savvy with his body and hands to make most of those catches.  He is not the same A.J. Green, however.  He appears to not be getting much separation from those who are defending him.  In my opinion, from the waist down including his legs and feet, he is not the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

You are correct, we both post both positive and negative, and yes, it has been more negative than positive but that’s because there’s been more negative about the Reds/Bengals to post, as I said, that’s just being honest, if people have a problem with that it’s on them, I’ve rooted for both these teams since 1968 without fail and always will, as a matter of fact I’d feel safe in saying I’m the most diehard supporter of both those teams on this forum but I’m honest about them too

Disagree with you on being the most diehard for the Bengals. Also you do not post both positive and negative. You all definitely are 9 negatives to 1 positive even in games they are doing well or winning. Hence, why people don’t come in the threads anymore and it’s just you two. 

Which is what the problem is. As I said even in wins, if people were to ever read the update threads even after a win. People would assume the team had lost, based off your all’s post. Since even on good days, you all go out of your way to post every negative thing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Disagree with you on being the most diehard for the Bengals. Also you do not post both positive and negative. You all definitely are 9 negatives to 1 positive even in games they are doing well or winning. Hence, why people don’t come in the threads anymore and it’s just you two. 

Which is what the problem is. As I said even in wins, if people were to ever read the update threads even after a win. People would assume the team had lost, based off your all’s post. Since even on good days, you all go out of your way to post every negative thing. 

Guess we will agree to disagree on a few things then. 

11 hours ago, futurecoach said:

This.  I've wanted to participate in Reds/Bengals game threads but the negativity keeps me out of it.  It's just depressing to read.

• Like 1