Powell 71 Lee 63

Had other commitments and I wasn't able to get to the game, but I was able to get bits and pieces over the radio. Sounded like Romans was too much in the middle for Lee, and that Lee's shooting was stone cold, but I was pretty far away and signal would fade in and out. It did sound like a typical, physical, Powell/Lee contest, and Powell was obviously the better of

the two last night.

Lee is missing the graduated Tyler Rich more than I thought they would. His 6'5 frame, with muscle to go with it, came in handy against players like Romans.

BTW, I talked to a kid this summer at the golf course who said he was a center for Lee, and he looked to be around 6'4 or 6'5, and about 220. I believe he said he was a sophomore. Does anyone know if he's been playing much? He certainly has the size to replace Rich, if not the experience.

Here is some numbers on this game, Lee was 2 for 24 from beyond the Arc. And 25 for 75 over all. Most of those 25 field goals were in the paint. Just an estimate would be that Lee only hit 7 jumpshots. This was maybe the worst game I have seen Lee play in a very long time.

Coach Lively made a great decision in running a Zone defense. It seemed to confuse the Lee offense and Powell pretty much dominated. I didn't really think that Powell played great, they turned the ball over excessively. But overall a good win for Powell, and very important in the district standings.

Lee was stone cold and seemed out of step. Powell pushed the ball up the floor from start to finish and demolished Lee's press. Coach Lively done an excellent job getting his game plan together and having his kids ready to play. If you are going to play with Powell this year you had better lace em' tight and hang on. Good win for the pirates and I am the first to say I was shocked at how well they played. Congrats to the Pirates but I still believe they will have to recreate last night to win the 56th. Lee is very athletic and can play 8 or 9 deep just like Powell does. In Powell's offensive scheme they will turn the ball over several times but they will also shoot a lot of layups.

Lee is missing the graduated Tyler Rich more than I thought they would. His 6'5 frame, with muscle to go with it, came in handy against players like Romans.

BTW, I talked to a kid this summer at the golf course who said he was a center for Lee, and he looked to be around 6'4 or 6'5, and about 220. I believe he said he was a sophomore. Does anyone know if he's been playing much? He certainly has the size to replace Rich, if not the experience.

Probably Jared Pelfrey, Harvey's son. He has been hurt, and has not even dressed out yet. He is going to be a good center, but will be behind becauswe of injury.

Live by the 3, die by the 3! Bad night for the shooters. With no Tyler Rich to bail them out from the inside when they aren't hitting, it made for a long night.

Well, most of the time they don't live by the 3, like many assume. They do shoot some but all of these shots was against Lively's zone. If you can't shoot the 3 and don't penetrate (which Lee failed to do both) you cannont make them come out of the zone.

Probably Jared Pelfrey, Harvey's son. He has been hurt, and has not even dressed out yet. He is going to be a good center, but will be behind becauswe of injury.

Yeah I'm am sure thats who it was. He will be dressed though Friday night. Not sure about how much playing time he will get though, he has been out for a month or so....

Lee shot about 25% for the game, didn't rebound well, didn't penetrate, didn't play very good defense and still only lost by 8 to a deep and strong Powell team (at Powell) that many predicted to be in the top 4 preseason.

Romans is a force inside. Powell's defense didn't cause Lee to miss most of their shots.....they were just stone cold and missed from all over the floor. Break down bigcat44's numbers above and after subtracting the 'in the paint shots', they probably shot 15% from outside the lane.

No excuses, they just couldn't hit their wide open shots.