Newport Central Catholic at Dayton Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Newport Central Catholic
    • Dayton

This poll is closed to new votes

Newport Central Catholic sits at 4-0 on the season. They picked up there first District win last week against Ludlow. Dayton sits at 5-0 on the season. Newport Central Catholic finally got there passing game going last week to match there running attack. Dayton will look to use there ground and pound to try to punish Newport Central Catholic. The Green Devils have put up over 1000 yards rushing on the season. Who wins this matchup? Does Dayton pull the upset? Does Newport Central Catholic continue to be the power team of this district?

• Thanks 1

From the 1A Rankings Thread:

I’m interested (NewCath/Dayton) too. Considering how Dayton has played with Marksberry being out the time that he has, they have played well. Matthews and Comstock has run the ball well for them and they have played pretty well defensively. To have a chance they will have to play a very clean game. Dayton fumbled three times in the first quarter against Bellevue. They definitely can’t do anything like that. Either way, Coach Herbst has coached amazingly. Guess we will see what happens. Newport Catholic is unquestionably the toughest team they will play all season, including who they have played so far.

14 hours ago, Sweeperboy said:

I believe NewCath just lost a couple of key players for the season which could play a factor in the outcome. 
The NewCath coaching staff might have to  add the garbage can thingy to help them get some turnovers, lol. I have seen it all now...

253FD4F3-3079-4141-9991-7BEA651CBA55.jpeg

Who did they just lose? I haven't heard of any new serious injuries since Akerson's 2 weeks ago.