Official KHSAA RPI Rankings (10/10)

21 hours ago, Hearsay said:

Some members placing way, way too much emphasis on "who you could schedule" when criticizing RPI.  There are so many factors in scheduling, including distance, cost, school schedule, where you're spending money for your other school teams to go, team compatibility, not to mention it is a zero-sum gain only for lower class teams.  I would love for Bardstown to take a crack at Belfry, but we went to Pikeville last year and played pretty well, but the cost was very high for us.  I would love for Bardstown to try their hand at Male or Boyle (we used to play them years ago), but why would they play us? Not to mention should we risk getting trounced/injured just for a shot at a fraction higher RPI? Its really not at simple as saying "just pick up the phone and schedule better competition."

There is definitely an art to scheduling in the RPI era. Beechwood could have played Belfry on November 6th, but chose to play Meade County due to RPI considerations.

2 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

There is definitely an art to scheduling in the RPI era. Beechwood could have played Belfry on November 6th, but chose to play Meade County due to RPI considerations.

I would say that and the Pirates are a bad matchup for Beechwood that could beat them up heading into the playoffs.  No way I am playing Belfry if I am Beechwood. 

32 minutes ago, theguru said:

I would say that and the Pirates are a bad matchup for Beechwood that could beat them up heading into the playoffs.  No way I am playing Belfry if I am Beechwood. 

I wasn't involved in the decision making, but I agree about Belfry being a bad matchup for the Beechies. But then again,  Beechwood really doesn't get tested until the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs, so they would have had at least a couple of weeks to recover from a physical season ending contest. Might have swayed some Mr. Football voters too.

Yea example of PT cancelling a trip to play DeSales for so called COVID worries and then turn around and schedule a lesser opponent the same week. CAL cancelling game against DeSales and gets the 1-1 tie points. If season ends now #1 in BP Poll DeSales will have to travel every playoff game.

3 hours ago, Skeeterback said:

Yea example of PT cancelling a trip to play DeSales for so called COVID worries and then turn around and schedule a lesser opponent the same week. CAL cancelling game against DeSales and gets the 1-1 tie points. If season ends now #1 in BP Poll DeSales will have to travel every playoff game.

I thought travel costs was probably the bigger deal in the Tilghman/DeSales game. They dropped a trip to Louisville to play nearby Murray. It was designated as Covid because all cancellations this season are, which assured some RPI points for both teams.