What team had the best win in week 1?

Bac2369

21 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I think Bowling Green because played bigger, higher ranked school and avenged loss from last year. Also had dominating defensive performance when only returning two starters from the defensive unit. 

I agree. 

• Like 1

A few others of note aside from the ones already mentioned:

- McCracken County. They have beat Mayfield a few times before, but to win in such a blowout fashion was impressive.

- Johnson Central. I don't think anyone was surprised JC won or by a fairly healthy margin, still yet, anytime you go to Log Mountain and shut out Bell with a running clock that is a statement.

- Elizabethtown. Lots of questions entering the year and E-town was a mystery. Central Hardin is a respectable 6A program, that was an impressive start.

- Simon Kenton. Anytime you beat Highlands it is a good win, but for nKY teams not named CovCath those wins are even harder to come by.

- Hopkinsville. Just a good solid win over a solid 6A team.

A few wins way under the radar:

- Clinton County. Berea has been substantially better than we have been accustomed to seeing and returned a good bit of talent. It doesn't surprise me Clinton County won, but to win in a blowout did.

- Louisville Holy Cross. Holmes should have a solid team so for the 1A School to step up and win convincingly is a nice jump start.

- Letcher Central. I think everyone expected Rockcastle to take a step forward but Letcher Central controlled this game.

- McLean County. Once again, not a surprise to those who follow football closely as McLean has a nice team back. With that said, stepping up to play a 5A team and beating them going away is always impressive.