Raw Deal for Ohio State

Jumper_Dad

With the Big 10 pushing their season back to the spring, the biggest loser appears to be Ohio State. Ohio State is the Prohibitive Favorite to win the CFP Title this season and Justin Fields is the runaway favorite to win the Heisman.

Ohio State appears to have no mechanism to compete for a National Title with arguably their best team in over a decade. With the ACC, SEC and Big12 playing in the fall, that doesn't leave Ohio State anyone of substance to be matched up against after a spring season that they could claim another national title. Ohio State may (likely) go undefeated and their fans will clamor for the title to be brought to Columbus, but I fear that it could be too little too late for the Buckeyes.

As for Fields, if the Heisman and a National Title shot are off of the boards...does he just prepare for the draft and skip the season? If Fields doesn't play that is another big loss for the fans that have been salivating for this season since last season ended. This was going to be the year of the Buckeye, a National Title and a Heisman...

People are going to continue to contract the virus.  However, athletes are in an interesting position.  If the teams choose to, it's relatively easy to limit outside interactions and monitor everyone on the team.  Hopefully, everyone comes out healthy on the other side and it serves as nothing more than a shot to the ego for the students that weren't social distancing or wearing masks.  

16 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

People are going to continue to contract the virus.  However, athletes are in an interesting position.  If the teams choose to, it's relatively easy to limit outside interactions and monitor everyone on the team.  Hopefully, everyone comes out healthy on the other side and it serves as nothing more than a shot to the ego for the students that weren't social distancing or wearing masks.  

ND has a 19% positive rate 1 week into school.  North Carolina has a 14% positive rate.

College is a Petri dish 😂. I don’t know why everyone is acting surprised people are testing positive. It’s like acting surprised at college kids getting mono or STD’s. College kids are going to do what college kids do. Party/hookup, especially freshman who are on their own for the first time. On top of that, college kids are slobs so it’s unlikely they’re practicing the best hygiene. Just let them play already. COVID won’t be irradicated by next fall either, so cancel that too? It’s here to stay and the sooner everyone accepts that, the sooner we can all get on with our lives.

I’ve already come to terms with the fact that I’ve seen Justin Fields play his last game in an Ohio State uniform. The next QB to take a snap under center in a football game for Ohio State will be CJ Stroud. Damn he’ll have some weapons to throw to though my god. Garrett Wilson, Julian Fleming, Jaxon Smith-Ngibia, Gee Scott Jr., and hopefully Emeka Egbuka as well. I’ve dealt with my grieving for the past week that we had 4 years of JT Barrett (who everyone here knows I loved but definitely had his limitations), but we only got 1 year of Dwayne Haskins and Justin Fields. Life’s not fair.