Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kenny Payne leaves for Knicks

Featured Replies

I think Cal will be just fine without KP. And if he's not, I'm confident BBN will let him know. 

34 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I hear you, I totally get it.  I wonder if Cal even considered Antigua or if he’s damaged goods?  

My first thought as well.

I’d love to have Antigua back on the sidelines.

10 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I think Cal will be just fine without KP. And if he's not, I'm confident BBN will let him know. 

Pretty much...

 

Also, congrats to Coach Payne. I’m genuinely happy for him. 

14 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I think Cal will be just fine without KP. And if he's not, I'm confident BBN will let him know. 

How would somebody quantify what Pastner, Strickland, Slice, Antigua, Payne meant to Cal and winning?

Will UK still be an SEC force without Payne, Yes?

Will we measure it with final 4’s and titles? Matt Jones has already baked in the randomness of the tournament.

Maybe Flint will help Cal get the “rockstar” recruits again?

 

 

12 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

How would somebody quantify what Pastner, Strickland, Slice, Antigua, Payne meant to Cal and winning?

Will UK still be an SEC force without Payne, Yes?

Will we measure it with final 4’s and titles? Matt Jones has already baked in the randomness of the tournament.

Maybe Flint will help Cal get the “rockstar” recruits again?

 

 

Well UK basketball fans are irrational, so anything that could be perceived as negative will surely be blamed on Payne leaving. ?

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

I hear you, I totally get it.  I wonder if Cal even considered Antigua or if he’s damaged goods?  

That’s a good question. I know I would have liked to have him back. 

Regarding Orlando Antigua, that whole situation at USF was brought on by his brother and was overblown to begin with. A strong AD would have stood by Antigua, but USF had Mark Harlan. 

Oliver Antigua was tasked with making sure 2 academically ineligible players got their course work completed. During that time, he provided 5 days of lodging and food for both players in a hotel and in his home. The amount involved was between $400 and $500. The accusation of academic fraud, a paid tutor, was never proven. 

I would love to see Coach O back on the Kentucky sidelines. 

 

On 8/11/2020 at 2:42 PM, swamprat said:

Regarding Orlando Antigua, that whole situation at USF was brought on by his brother and was overblown to begin with. A strong AD would have stood by Antigua, but USF had Mark Harlan. 

Oliver Antigua was tasked with making sure 2 academically ineligible players got their course work completed. During that time, he provided 5 days of lodging and food for both players in a hotel and in his home. The amount involved was between $400 and $500. The accusation of academic fraud, a paid tutor, was never proven. 

I would love to see Coach O back on the Kentucky sidelines. 

 

I never got the feeling that the punishment was fair for the crime for Antigua.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.