13 Cardinal Players and Staff...

mcpapa

I am really puzzled as to what the purpose is for the 30 players that are training and staying ready to play. I don't know why they don't bring players off of that reserve roster and play games.  I am sure there are teams that have had 6 or 7 players on the injured list in previous years and no games were postponed. Teams brought players up from the minor leagues and played on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

I am really puzzled as to what the purpose is for the 30 players that are training and staying ready to play. I don't know why they don't bring players off of that reserve roster and play games.  I am sure there are teams that have had 6 or 7 players on the injured list in previous years and no games were postponed. Teams brought players up from the minor leagues and played on.

With the lag in testing results, I think they’ve got to make sure no else has it. Not to mention cleaning and sanitizing. No sense bringing new guys up if they are going to get sick too.  Obviously, this is way beyond an isolated incident, and you have to also consider the team they are playing and keeping things from spreading to that team.

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Yep, play ball.  The league, owners, players, and union all knew this could happen.