July 21, 20206 yr Everything that I've read says that they renewed their contract with the regional Fox Networks back in the spring and that all but three regional networks had signed. That said, I can't find it on YouTubeTV nor will the app allow live viewing when I click that YouTubeTV is my provider. Is anyone out there watching FoxOhio on YouTubeTV?
July 21, 20206 yr Author Never mind, I guess we live just outside of the viewing area for Fox Ohio, even though we've had Fox Ohio on cable for as long as it has existed. This sucks!!!
July 22, 20206 yr 15 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said: I didn't think the exhibition games were being televised on Fox Sports Ohio. They aren't. But my understanding when I was evaluating whether or not to cut the cord and go to YouTube TV was that YouTubeTV and the regional Fox Networks were at a negotiation impasse.
July 22, 20206 yr 12 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said: They aren't. But my understanding when I was evaluating whether or not to cut the cord and go to YouTube TV was that YouTubeTV was and the regional Fox Networks were at a negotiation impasse. Oh okay gotcha. I'll have to look and see what I have. When we jumped from DirectTVNow to YouTubeTV about two months ago, we were told we had it but I haven't really looked because I've had no reason to until Friday. We are debating on ditching them now though because they just raised their prices like $15 to add six more channels which we'll never watch.
July 22, 20206 yr We switched to YouTubeTV back in the winter specifically because I could still watch Reds' games. If that changes now, I'm going to be upset. Lol. I'm not happy about the recent spike in cost, but $65 is still cheaper than the $125 I was spending with DirecTV. As for the expedition games, the Reds wanted Fox to air them, but they refused.
July 22, 20206 yr I went to YouTubeTV.com and checked the channels for my zip code...it lists Fox Business, Fox News, FS1, FS2, FV, FXM, FXX, and MLB Game Of The Week. Fox Sports Ohio was not listed.
July 22, 20206 yr March 12 - TechHive.com reported in their article "YouTube TV's regional sports situation is a total mess for cord-cutters now" that Fox Sports Ohio was dropped. Apparently they have reached a deal for Fox Sportstime Ohio (different from Fox Sports Ohio) in the Cleveland/Akron/Canton area only, but nothing else for the Ohio regional coverage from Fox Sports.
July 23, 20206 yr I have DIsh and they and Fox Sports Ohio could not agree on a price and it has been off for over a year now and last month they have now dropped the NFL channel.
July 27, 20206 yr Author On 7/23/2020 at 12:33 PM, I gotta go to work said: I have YouTubeTV and FS Ohio. I live in NKY. I read that YouTubeTv only broadcast Fox Sports in each home area. They don't expand it to nearby markets like Lexington...this really sucks. Part of the reason I chose them when I cut the cord was because they had just signed an agreement with all of the Regional Fox Networks. I'd pay a few dollars extra for a Fox Ohio package, but it sucks that I get charged the same as those that have it...while I don't.
July 27, 20206 yr On 7/23/2020 at 10:52 AM, 16thBBall Fan said: I have DIsh and they and Fox Sports Ohio could not agree on a price and it has been off for over a year now and last month they have now dropped the NFL channel. Dish not having the Reds for over a year was awful. The NFL drop was final straw for me. Last week I signed up for Hulu Live. It includes Fox Sports Ohio and Fox Sports South. I’m paying $54/month now instead of the $120/month for Dish. I did, however, change my internet provider to a higher quality in order to stream best. I still figure I’m saving about $20/month total AND get to watch the Reds.
July 27, 20206 yr 57 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said: Dish not having the Reds for over a year was awful. The NFL drop was final straw for me. Last week I signed up for Hulu Live. It includes Fox Sports Ohio and Fox Sports South. I’m paying $54/month now instead of the $120/month for Dish. I did, however, change my internet provider to a higher quality in order to stream best. I still figure I’m saving about $20/month total AND get to watch the Reds. Thanks! I live in a nice apartment complex and everyone has to take tv and internet from a company called suite solutions and they only offer Dish to every apartment and they provide the internet. I might check into it we also on Saturday lost our only NBC channel Wlex-18 as well.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.