Mascots and nicknames

Just now, Rebel said:

Prove that I'm wrong!  I'f I am 100% that should be easy.  I'll wait.  If I am wrong, I will be a man and apologize.  Waiting patiently.  

Again, we already have an article that states it was called that, so it's not like I just made it up. If you choose not to believe that, well, I can't change your mind.

Like I said, when/if I get a copy of the book, I'll be sure to post it.

3 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

The Boyle County yearbook appears to be called "Le Sabre" and has, in years past, included depictions of Confederate soldiers on the cover, as shown here on the 1981 and 1984 editions of the yearbook.

image1.thumb.jpg.19eddd8b37fa657ec26c1b0cb4484349.jpg

image2.thumb.jpg.4458033bf9e5baf8c94433b08f51df08.jpg

LE SABRE!   Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!  

4 minutes ago, Rebel said:

LE SABRE!   Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!  

You said never though, right?

Like you said, if it is proven it was never called The Confederate, I will apologize and stand corrected. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Like you said, if it is proven it was never called The Confederate, I will apologize and stand corrected. 

And even if the yearbook wasn’t, there is still that little issue of the newspaper being called the “Confederate”. And the “Le Sabre” still used confederate imagery, at least on one of the covers shown.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rjs4470 said:

And even if the yearbook wasn’t, there is still that little issue of the newspaper being called the “Confederate”. And the “Le Sabre” still used confederate imagery.

We agree, but if the yearbook wasn't named that, I will stand corrected on that point. 

Still doesn't change the fact that BC clearly had ties to the confederacy, and denying such is dishonest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

We agree, but if the yearbook wasn't named that, I will stand corrected on that point. 

Still doesn't change the fact that BC clearly had ties to the confederacy, and denying such is dishonest. 

Correct. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Correct!  And I too also said I would apologize if I was wrong and it was called The Confederate. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I never denied anything.   

7 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

It look like the Boyle County yearbook has always been called "Le Sabre". Here is an April 19, 1964 article from the Kentucky Advocate citing the arrival of the yearbook. That would have been the school's first year, 1963/64.

The_Advocate_Messenger_Sun__Apr_19__1964_.jpg

Hmmmmm.