Mascots and nicknames

4 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

You're 100% wrong. 

Apparently this debate has been going on a longgggg time, and unless the article I posted is wrong, Confederate imagery was for at least a while, part of the logo. Regardless of the origins, there is a strong link to the Confederacy.  Like I mentioned earlier, if you have to explain why your logo/mascot isn't offensive, it's probably not a good logo/mascot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

Apparently this debate has been going on a longgggg time, and unless the article I posted is wrong, Confederate imagery was for at least a while, part of the logo. Regardless of the origins, there is a strong link to the Confederacy.  Like I mentioned earlier, if you have to explain why your logo/mascot isn't offensive, it's probably not a good logo/mascot.

If the article is wrong, then so are the people who've told me they still have one of the yearbooks. 

There is absolutely a link. Denying that is being dishonest. 

30 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

Are you sure about that?  Here's a Courier Journal article from 1993 that specifically says the schools yearbook and newspaper were called the "Confederate".

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/13252752/louisville-c-j-august-23-1993/

I've been in Boyle my whole life.  Went to Boyle, kids went there and if true, today is the first time I've ever heard the yearbook being called the Confederate.  

30 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

We're talking about the yearbook.

Just now, TheDeuce said:

As sure as I can be without having the book in my hand, yes. 

Please share what proof you have on the yearbook being called the confederate.  I'd love to see it.  

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Let's say for conversations sake it wasn't the yearbook, but it was the school paper... Does that really make a difference?

All I said was......   

"Just for the record....Boyle County's yearbook has never been called "The Confederate".

Only speaking the truth and was accused to be 100% wrong.  

1 minute ago, Rebel said:

All I said was......   

"Just for the record....Boyle County's yearbook has never been called "The Confederate".

Only speaking the truth and was accused to be 100% wrong.  

Well we already have one tidbit of evidence against that being true, so... 

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Well we already have one tidbit of evidence against that being true, so... 

Just because someone prints it in a newspaper doesn't make it true, but then again i'm 100% wrong.  

6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Just because you say it isn't true doesn't mean it isn't. 

Prove that I'm wrong!  If I am 100% that should be easy.  I'll wait.  If I am wrong, I will be a man and apologize.  Waiting patiently.  

• Like 1