David McAtee Shooting

halfback20

I think I am living in the twilight zone right now.

I have tried to stay away from the threads - but this is my hometown.

On the new video.

Outside scene:

23:16:10 - A shot clearly hits the pavement by the street. That shot did NOT come from the house on the right. It fact it looks like it came from the direction of the woman LEO who has lead and two NatGuards who seem like wingmen. People start to take cover at this point. Until this time all looks pretty normal.

23 16 10 First shot.png

23:16:19 - Woman LEO and NatGuards close directly toward house on right.

23 16 19 Closing.png

23:16:26 - Shot or Shots from LEO and/or NatGuard. Beer can explodes from shot and falls to the ground.

23 16 26 LEO shot.png

On the inside video. I am going to say David and the person in white shirt had guns. But its not conclusive. Clearly David is hit in chest.

Inside 1.png

Inside white shirt.png

If I read these video's correctly I do not like this at all. I think that is all I want say on this for now. I tried not engage in this subject. But this my hometown and I went through the busing years and went to Central for a year in HS. This is making me somewhat sick if I am seeing all this correctly.

If this needs to move another thread please do.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He’s just beginning to move at that point. There’s no point where you see the gun in his hand beyond the post in the foreground. He could have easily dropped it.

It would have had to of bounced 5 foot to the left to get where it was. I simply don't think it's his gun, physics of his gun ending up behind him in that location don't work.

I think I am living in the twilight zone right now.

I have tried to stay away from the threads - but this is my hometown.

On the new video.

Outside scene:

23:16:10 - A shot clearly hits the pavement by the street. That shot did NOT come from the house on the right. It fact it looks like it came from the direction of the woman LEO who has lead and two NatGuards who seem like wingmen. People start to take cover at this point. Until this time all looks pretty normal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70491[/ATTACH]

23:16:19 - Woman LEO and NatGuards close directly toward house on right.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70492[/ATTACH]

23:16:26 - Shot or Shots from LEO and/or NatGuard. Beer can explodes from shot and falls to the ground.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70493[/ATTACH]

On the inside video. I am going to say David and the person in white shirt had guns. But its not conclusive. Clearly David is hit in chest.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70494[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70495[/ATTACH]

If I read these video's correctly I do not like this at all. I think that is all I want say on this for now. I tried not engage in this subject. But this my hometown and I went through the busing years and went to Central for a year in HS. This is making me somewhat sick if I am seeing all this correctly.

If this needs to move another thread please do.

This is exactly how I interpret the videos.

Edited by TheDeuce

It would have had to of bounced 5 foot to the left to get where it was. I simply don't think it's his gun, physics of his gun ending up behind him in that location don't work.

No need to go back and forth about it. I think we agree none of that puts the gun in Davis McAtee’s hand.

I went back and watched video released on LMPD youtube account and around 2:18 mark you can see smoke from the gun. This video was more clear so could see it better.

Thats smoke from the officers shooting at them.

You could interpret it that way, but that would be an assumption, as nothing puts a gun in his hand.

I wonder if the gun on the floor was recovered by police?

Was there gun powder residue on his hands?

Were his prints on that gun if it was recovered?

Had it been recently fired?

A lot of questions get answered if that gun was recovered.

I wonder if the gun on the floor was recovered by police?

Was there gun powder residue on his hands?

Were his prints on that gun if it was recovered?

Had it been recently fired?

A lot of questions get answered if that gun was recovered.

Any of those questions being answered would help a lot.

Here we are debating this situation where supposedly NONE of the numerous LMPD officers on scene had on body cameras, during a time when protests are happening because of another LMPD shooting in which no body camera footage exists.

The fact none of them, in either scenario, had on body cameras is either a lie, or intentional. It is at minimum negligent, and it's all unacceptable.

I looked through the final outside sequence.

I stopped above where it would appear the LEO - with a paintball gun starts firing at the door. At least one shot knocks off a beer can on the high top.

After that the LEO and NatGuards retreat to the left of the screen. Nothing apparently fatal at this point and no real sign that any shots originated from the house or business to this point. There maybe a man in the doorway of his house/business with a gun at this point and if someone is shooting or peppering at this point why would he not be taking a defensive position at the door when lots of others are behind him.

After the LEO/NGs back off more shots start up. Again, the origin appears to be from the left and not the house. You can see sparks at payment (likely FMJ rounds from NatGuard) and the tent flutter due to shots and the glass in the door is shattered. It does appear that there maybe at least one "return" shot or more.

Brown said judging by the bullet fragments found in McAtee during his autopsy, it was clear that the deadly shot came from a National Guard officer, not an LMPD officer, as had been previously believed.

Brown also said the state crime lab determined that McAtee’s handgun had been fired at least twice on the night of the shooting, adding that gunshot residue was found on his person. Brown said he thought McAtee fired first.

“Based on the information I have at this time, it appears to me (that officers) were returning fire,” Brown said.

David McAtee shot dead by National Guard officer, not an LMPD officer, state investigators say