Open Job: Garrard County

Good Luck to Coach Young on his future career. I know Garrard lost a great scoring threat in Sebastian. Should be interesting to see how their young guys can develop under new leadership. Let’s hope we get to play ball in the fall!

Guess I could see wanting to Head a program but Cooper is already In a good spot at the Ville, Ethan will start this year and the Ads will have a good trio of guards. He has already been in that situation at GC. Can’t see him going.

Edited by RimRacker
Spelling

I have heard that Cliff Berry has put in for it as well. I’d love to see Cliff get another opportunity to lead a team. I hope he gets the job.

Weren't there some whispers about Berry for the Garrard girls job last year?

I have heard that Cliff Berry has put in for it as well. I’d love to see Cliff get another opportunity to lead a team. I hope he gets the job.

I agree! I hope he gets another shot at leading a team. He will do great with boys.

Wasn't Brandon Cooper the head coach at Garrard County a few years back?

Left for one of the schools in Pulaski County, believe it was PC but regardless it was kind of unwritten he would be the next coach when he went and it never materialized.

Left for one of the schools in Pulaski County, believe it was PC but regardless it was kind of unwritten he would be the next coach when he went and it never materialized.

Folks said the same thing about him and his current situation at Danville.

Wasn't Brandon Cooper the head coach at Garrard County a few years back?

2011-12

They had a real nice team then also. I’m pretty sure they were a 1 or 2 seed in the district tournament that year. The Garrard County/Boyle County district tournament was insane that year. I think Garrard won both regular season games and Boyle erased a 6 point deficit the last 2:30 of the game to send it to OT and then Boyle won in OT. I’m going off memory there so don’t shoot me if my details are off. I do vividly remember Kyle Rice hitting back to back threes to erase the six point deficit after Boyle had trailed pretty much the whole game.

Long story, the year he was there Garrard County was a dangerous team.