Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 78 Vanderbilt 64

Featured Replies

Great second half by the Cats. Actually extremely impressive but maybe it's because they looked so bad in the first half.

 

That second half felt very well coach by Calipari.

  • Author

UK played a horrible first half and Vandy played a great first half and made eight threes. UK managed to still only be down 9 at half.

 

In the second half UK was much more aggressive on both sides of the court. UK out scored Vandy by 23 points in the second half.

 

Last game UKs backups weren’t big contributors. Tonight the five starters basically played all second half, and were balling out in the second half. I love how UK keeps finding different ways to win with different guys contributing each game in those wins. Still putting it all together and things to iron out, but you can see the potential in this team to make a deep run come March once they put it all together.

Gotta hand it to Vandy for the fight they show but they are just overmatched almost every time they step onto the court.

  • Author
Great second half by the Cats. Actually extremely impressive but maybe it's because they looked so bad in the first half.

 

That second half felt very well coach by Calipari.

 

Coach Cal has ran and called some great design plays this year. Even though people rarely ever want to admit that.

Definitely a tale of two halves in this one. Vandy stinks, but I'll take a road conference win.

Could've done without that first half. A good road win in an arena that can be tough for opposing teams to play.

Gotta hand it to Vandy for the fight they show but they are just overmatched almost every time they step onto the court.

 

Agreed. I'm not sure why, but I kinda wish Stackhouse was the one getting top players like Penny is right now. I need to hear more from Stackhouse, he just seems classier to me from what I've seen thus far and I really can't pinpoint why I feel that way.

Did Montgomery go 4/4 from the line tonight? I think he at least hit four in a row while they were making their run in the 2nd half. Huge for him because I think he is my far their worst FT shooter that consistently plays.

Hagans drives me a little crazy at times but I love the fight and determination he plays with. He might have some really bonehead turnovers occasionally but he gets his teammates the ball in great spots.

Hagans drives me a little crazy at times but I love the fight and determination he plays with. He might have some really bonehead turnovers occasionally but he gets his teammates the ball in great spots.

 

I told my dad tonight, UK needs to start running a set play on their first offensive possession, maybe even script the first few offensive sets. This is the 4th or 5th game in a row that they've had an unforced dumb turnover in the first minute of the game.

11 points, 10 rebounds and 8 assists for Hagans. Pretty impressive stat line. Throw in only one turnover and I'll take that every single game, even with a missed layup or two.

Last night's win also put UK currently in first place of the SEC. I'm guessing they have a tiebreaker against LSU, who is also sitting at 9-2 since Kentucky has a better overall record by one game.

 

Auburn sitting at 8-2.

Looking through the box score and a few things jump out:

 

Kentucky had 12 blocks (Richards, Montgomery and Sestina each had 3 a piece)

Kentucky went 6/9 from the three point line.

Kentucky shot 84% from the free throw line and Nick Richards didn't have an attempt.

 

I think they only had one turnover in the 2nd half (I don't count the shot clock violation at the very end of the game).

UK played a horrible first half and Vandy played a great first half and made eight threes. UK managed to still only be down 9 at half.

 

In the second half UK was much more aggressive on both sides of the court. UK out scored Vandy by 23 points in the second half.

 

Last game UKs backups weren’t big contributors. Tonight the five starters basically played all second half, and were balling out in the second half. I love how UK keeps finding different ways to win with different guys contributing each game in those wins. Still putting it all together and things to iron out, but you can see the potential in this team to make a deep run come March once they put it all together.

 

Don't know if you have looked at the calendar lately, but March is almost here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.