Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Berea Head Coaching Job Open Again.

Featured Replies

It appears the Head Coaching Job at Berea HS is open again. (Per the KHSAA website)

 

I know there was some talk a while back about Berea either not playing a District Schedule or not playing a Varsity Schedule. Anyone have any details as to what has happened? What are the schools intentions?

It appears the Head Coaching Job at Berea HS is open again. (Per the KHSAA website)

 

I know there was some talk a while back about Berea either not playing a District Schedule or not playing a Varsity Schedule. Anyone have any details as to what has happened? What are the schools intentions?

 

It seems like the school is intent to let the program fall away to nothing.

What happened with Coach Mills?

No one wants to coach a team that has an adminstration that wants to play a JV schedule.

 

There is no JV championship.

I was under the impression that Berea was still going to play a varsity schedule, but just not compete in district play. This makes no sense though since the district they were to be in is very weak and if they can't be competitve with those teams then they can't be competitive with anyone.

I was under the impression that Berea was still going to play a varsity schedule, but just not compete in district play. This makes no sense though since the district they were to be in is very weak and if they can't be competitve with those teams then they can't be competitive with anyone.

 

Good post :thumb: Do not understand this move. :confused:

yeah this would be hard to motivate the players...cause they're not playing for anything really.

I can say this coach Mills is a good coach with a lot of heart and passion about what he does. He has worked his tail off to improve a program that has not had alot of success, even before he got there. He just didn't have the support he needed to be successful at Berea. I hopr the Berea people understand they just let the man go that really wanted to be there and help turn that program around. Now you have the task of finding someone who would actually want to come in to this mess. I hope the administration knows what they have done and good luck at finding someone to take over, I have heard Coach Mills said he would still work the kids in the weight room until a replacement can be found, I wish Coach Mills the best and hope the kids of Berea can get a coach that is willing to put in the time and effort as coach mills. I know there is a couple of coaches out there that would take coach mills on their staff in a heartbeat, so I look for him to be back on the sidelines soon.

Well good luck to them finding a new coach but IMO it will be hard I say to find someone to go in that mess. This is a shame they lost a good coach if he had the support he needed Berea's team good have went somewhere and made a good accomplishment in their Varsity Football program.

I can say this coach Mills is a good coach with a lot of heart and passion about what he does. He has worked his tail off to improve a program that has not had alot of success, even before he got there. He just didn't have the support he needed to be successful at Berea. I hopr the Berea people understand they just let the man go that really wanted to be there and help turn that program around. Now you have the task of finding someone who would actually want to come in to this mess. I hope the administration knows what they have done and good luck at finding someone to take over, I have heard Coach Mills said he would still work the kids in the weight room until a replacement can be found, I wish Coach Mills the best and hope the kids of Berea can get a coach that is willing to put in the time and effort as coach mills. I know there is a couple of coaches out there that would take coach mills on their staff in a heartbeat, so I look for him to be back on the sidelines soon.

Good post. I watched Berea play our team (Raceland) and though they were way behind early in the game the kids never quit. They played their tails off on every play and represented their program with class. To me that is an indication of kids wanting to compete and a coach that is teaching them to be a winner. It is a shame it has come to this and the people that suffer are the kids. I hope the Administration at Berea do what is right for the the kids involved in their football program.

I hope the Administration at Berea do what is right for the the kids involved in their football program.

 

They've rarely done this in the past - I can't see why they would do it now.

They've rarely done this in the past - I can't see why they would do it now.

And as I said, it is a shame. If the community can have a voice in the matter it may help get someones attention. Sounds like it is time to attend a school board meeting.

I bet they will have a hard time filling this job.

And as I said, it is a shame. If the community can have a voice in the matter it may help get someones attention. Sounds like it is time to attend a school board meeting.

 

Madison Southern (in Berea) usually has a decent football program. Many times, Berea kids will go to Southern in order to play football. That makes it doubly hard for Berea to build anything substantial.

Madison Southern (in Berea) usually has a decent football program. Many times, Berea kids will go to Southern in order to play football. That makes it doubly hard for Berea to build anything substantial.

I really hope that things work out for the kids in Berea that want to play football. I was impressed with their no quit attitude and for that they are "Winners" in my book. Hopefully someone will care enough about the kids to keep the program running.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.