Ironton (OH) 61 Ashland Paul Blazer 44

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your quote:

I think that scoring 83 points and shooting 62% from the field, for a team that has only had all its players 3 weeks qualifies as a hot start. It does for me atleast, and thats really all that matters.

Still think its a hot start?

Yes. The Tomcats are better so far this season than last season, and will be much better by seasons end. Obviously I didnt think we would go undefeated, but Im still very enthused about this season. :thumb:

Obviously it would be nice to win, but it doesn't worry me. Big whoop...

Ashland has fallen to the mediocre level during the past two seasons. Most teams used to worry when Ashland was coming to town. Now, its just another 16th region game.

Yes. The Tomcats are better so far this season than last season, and will be much better by seasons end. Obviously I didnt think we would go undefeated, but Im still very enthused about this season. :thumb:

Better than last year? Cannoy, Williams, and Reliford were not replaced by better players, Why do you think you are going to be better? My guess is your overall record is going to be about the same, your going to split with Boyd County, and you wont want to play Rose Hill the first game of the district

But its still early

I could be wrong

Good Luck

Better than last year? Cannoy, Williams, and Reliford were not replaced by better players, Why do you think you are going to be better? My guess is your overall record is going to be about the same, your going to split with Boyd County, and you wont want to play Rose Hill the first game of the district

But its still early

I could be wrong

Good Luck

Thank you for your input.

Sems like everyone was hailing this new coach as a savior, but the early returns do not look that promising.

From reading on here, they were beaten by Pendleton County in a scrimmage, yet PC barely beats a 9th Region team that is not one of the top 6-8 teams in the 9th, and got hammered in a game last week.

I would guess the TomCats will compete for the region, because the 16th as a whole is not very good, or at least they struggle to score.

Sems like everyone was hailing this new coach as a savior, but the early returns do not look that promising.

From reading on here, they were beaten by Pendleton County in a scrimmage, yet PC barely beats a 9th Region team that is not one of the top 6-8 teams in the 9th, and got hammered in a game last week.

I would guess the TomCats will compete for the region, because the 16th as a whole is not very good, or at least they struggle to score.

Its hard to compare common opponents or get a true opinion of a team this early in the season. All I know is that the team is enjoying our new coach and so are the fans. Im sure this season will have its highs and lows but overall Ashland basketball is in a better position with Buddy Biggs. Ashland will absolutely contend in the 16th this season.

I think that these type threads will diminish in a few weeks when Ashland's record is about 2-8. They are going to have alot of trouble with some of their upcoming opponents.