December 5, 200619 yr Adam Dunn, the best player on the Trade Market? According to them...yes. Here ya' go: They may have the best player on the trade market in Adam Dunn, and I don't know a single person who thinks, after last summer's shenanigans, that they'll get value for him. The Reds may be getting off track, focusing on batters' strikeouts rather than overall offensive performance. If doing so causes them to deal Dunn on the cheap, they'll be even worse next year. A true center fielder/leadoff man who would push Ken Griffey Jr. out of center field would be the best fit, although I'm not volunteering to have the conversation with Junior about it. Ryan Freel tired badly last year and is best used as a utility guy. The Reds' depth chart has 18 relievers. Honest. What's funny is that I don't think a single one can break 92 with his fastball. Si.Com
December 5, 200619 yr Well I'm not sure about that but I do know that the Braves 1B Adam LaRoche is a hot commodity right now. The Angels are wanting him and a lot of teams are inquiring about him. The Braves are expected to make a lot of deals this week first off is trading 2B Marcus Giles. He is expected to go to the Padres or an AL team. Who knows though. More Winter Meeting details to come..
December 5, 200619 yr Author Favorite rumor coming out of the Winter Meetings thus far: Giants send Minor League Pitching Prospects to Washington Washington sends Cordero and Felipe Lopez to Boston Boston sends Manny Ramirez to the Giants Yowza! :scared:
December 5, 200619 yr I would trade Dunn in a heartbeat if I could get any value for him. He is very streaky and strikes out way too much. He could possibly win a triple crown... in Homers, Strikeouts, & Errors...
December 5, 200619 yr I would trade Dunn in a heartbeat if I could get any value for him. He is very streaky and strikes out way too much. He could possibly win a triple crown... in Homers, Strikeouts, & Errors... Uh oh HSSB...
December 6, 200619 yr Favorite rumor coming out of the Winter Meetings thus far: Giants send Minor League Pitching Prospects to Washington Washington sends Cordero and Felipe Lopez to Boston Boston sends Manny Ramirez to the Giants Yowza! :scared: Looks like Manny is a very hot commodity. CBS Sportsline's Scott Miller is saying that Manny may go to the Mariners for J.J. Putz, RHP and maybe a minor leaguer or two. But that was as of yesterday. MLB.com is stating that the Angels could be involved in a three-way deal with the Nationals and Red Sox with Manny ending up with the Angels. The BoSox and Nationals, both, want Ervin Santana.
December 6, 200619 yr Greg Maddux may be heading to the Padres. It would be a one year deal with an option for 2008. 41 years old and could be making almost 10 millions bucks.
December 6, 200619 yr Author Why trade Manny? Aside from the fact that he demands a trade every 15 minutes and makes about $20 million per year?
December 6, 200619 yr Aside from the fact that he demands a trade every 15 minutes and makes about $20 million per year? They just paid $51M to NEGOTIATE with a guy who has never pitched in MLB. I don't think $20M is a problem. So, why trade him?
December 6, 200619 yr Author They just paid $51M to NEGOTIATE with a guy who has never pitched in MLB. I don't think $20M is a problem. So, why trade him? You may not agree, but I gave you the answer that Theo is giving. Here's a take on the subject I found interesting... …the sox need to decide what their goal is by trading ramirez…is it trading the player, or trading the contract…if it’s the player they need to move, then they are going to have to absorb some of the money if they hope to bring back a collection of top prospects…on the other hand, if they intend to clear salary, they’re going to be forced to accept less in talent than they are seeking…i mean, this is the nature of the trade market…the premium on young talent is just too high to expect it to exceed that of a aging superstar, who may or may not be happy in his new destination…
December 6, 200619 yr Maddux just signed a 1-year deal worth $10million with the Padres. Red Sox signed J.D. Drew to a 5-year/$70million Also signed SS Julio Lugo to a 4-year/$36million Jason Schmidt reportedly heading to Mariners Zito down to two teams, Rangers and Mets. Rangers=more money Mets=Better playoff chances.
December 6, 200619 yr Is it just me or is Lugo fooling someone to make that kind of money. not just you. Crazy to give Lugo anything near that. The contracts this year are crazy
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.