Cowboys 23 Giants 20

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to emphasize so that anyone who reads it will give their opinion on the 2.

Ok then....Romo has been the better QB this season, less games or not, he has been the better QB.

I agree Romo has played more consistently thus far...but if I've said it once I've said it a million times...IT'S BEEN SIX GAMES. Give him some time, he'll struggle...like he did for the most part tonight.

The situations were completely different when Eli came in. He came in on a STRUGGLING team as a ROOKIE. Romo has been in the league 4 years. It would be STUPID to compare their first six games.

Ok I see your point. But there is simply no other way to compair them.

How would you compair them? How can you say Eli is better then?

I'm saying based on what I've seen, it looks like Eli is going to be a better QB. He has a better arm IMO and when he's on (like tonight) his passes just look better. He looked like a seasoned vet tonight. Heck he looked like an all pro against the 4th ranked d in the league! He was 6/6 on the final drive with a TD. Eli has led many fourth quarter comebacks (where he put his team in the position to win) vs very good defenses in the past (Denver, Seattle, Dallas multiple times, Minnesota).

And I know he struggles at times too, but that happens with a 3rd year (2nd year starting) QB. However, I believe Vince Lombardi once said, "If you've seen him do it, he can do it." :D

I'm saying based on what I've seen, it looks like Eli is going to be a better QB. He has a better arm IMO and when he's on (like tonight) his passes just look better. He looked like a seasoned vet tonight. Heck he looked like an all pro against the 4th ranked d in the league! He was 6/6 on the final drive with a TD. Eli has led many fourth quarter comebacks (where he put his team in the position to win) vs very good defenses in the past (Denver, Seattle, Dallas multiple times, Minnesota).

And I know he struggles at times too, but that happens with a 3rd year (2nd year starting) QB. However, I believe Vince Lombardi once said, "If you've seen him do it, he can do it." :D

We have seen Romo lead the league in passer rating..... So he can do it, so he is better if you want to use that logic.

BTW Fletch, were all of the games I mentioned NOT winnable? I think they were.

Every game in the NFL is winnable, which is why it was a laughable statement in the first place. I think this team is in trouble whether the people wearing blue-blockers want to admit it or not. This is not the time to be in a free fall, especially losing to who they have. I don't think the sky is falling for the g-men but I'd be strapping on a helmet if I were them right now.

Regardless, the Cowboys have all but put the divisional trophy on the mantle (if there were one). That's the big picture of things, is that the Cowboys beat the Giants & the Giants are now on a 4 game losing streak & the Cowboys are on a 4 game winning streak.

Okay captain obvious. :laugh:

I'm already over this loss, time to start looking towards Carolina.

Every game in the NFL is winnable, which is why it was a laughable statement in the first place. I think this team is in trouble whether the people wearing blue-blockers want to admit it or not. This is not the time to be in a free fall, especially losing to who they have. I don't think the sky is falling for the g-men but I'd be strapping on a helmet if I were them right now.

Laughable statement? I made an observation that most of the games left on the Giants schedule were winnable if they played well. It was a statement made in an argument about which team would win the NFC East. You say every game is winnable, therefore agreeing with what I said, yet you call it a laughable statement in the same sentence?

This team is in trouble, they have lost FOUR STRAIGHT GAMES. Does that mean I'm going to give up on them? I think not. I've spent a lot of time and money pulling for the New York Giants and four straight losses in one season will not make me quit pulling for them to win! I'm a dedicated fan who will root for the Giants whether they are 10-0 or 0-10.

The sky isn't falling for the Giants. That team out there tonight did not look like a "distracted" team like the media wants everyone to think. They are still a solid team, and I think they proved that by nearly beating the team most consider to be the best team in the NFC.

The Giants might lose the rest of their games, but that's not what I think will happen. I honestly think they can/should win all of their remaining games.