If Harbaugh loses again...

Jumper_Dad

To be fair, outside of Ohio and Michigan that is just another rivalry game. Like OU/Texas, the Iron Bowl, USC/UCLA, Army/Navy, in the world of those teams and their fans...those are the biggest and best rivalries. When coaches fail to win those games, it ends up costing them their jobs.

In the words of Nick Saban himself, “No disrespect to Alabama and Auburn, but it’s just different up there.”

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all keep harping on what Michigan has been and we keep telling you it doesn’t matter. Ohio State can and hopefully will win the next 100 iterations of The Game and it will still be the only game that matters. I’d rather go 1-11 with a win over them than 11-1 with a loss. A loss to that school is 365 days of pure agony.

As someone who has literally been able to view both rivalries from the inside, you’re absolutely out of your mind if you think UK/ UofL is even in the same stratosphere as Ohio State and Michigan.

Well even on BGP where OSU is the most hated team on the site. We have two threads going about OSU/Michigan, that get more clicks than UK/UL or any other school for that matter. There are other good rivalries but there’s only one game.

Well even on BGP where OSU is the most hated team on the site. We have two threads going about OSU/Michigan, that get more clicks than UK/UL or any other school for that matter. There are other good rivalries but there’s only one game.

You guys hijacked this thread and I allowed it. This thread wasn't about the rivalry per se' but how long Harbaugh could hang on if he keeps losing this game.

I don’t think that Harbaugh gets fired. His loss streak has grown, but Ohio State is just substantially better. Even if Harbaugh is fired, who does Michigan go after at this point? Do the better coaches or better up and comers want to go there? I don’t believe that the better coaches do and Harbaugh may be too good for most, if not all of the up and comers.

Stoops would be the only name I can think of right now. Would they fire Harbaugh for Stoops? That’s why it’s such a tough situation.

I like Stoops and love what he has done at UK. But michigan would be crazy to trade coaches with UK. Stoops would likely be a great recruiter there, but how high is his ceiling as a game coach?