Class 3A Semifinal: Taylor County at #1 Bell County

DevilMayCare

Who advances to the state championship?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances to the state championship?

When Dudley Hilton returned to Bell County in 2016, it wasn't so much a matter of if he would return the Bobcats to the championship conversation, but when. It's only taken him three, short years to get Bell back to the semifinals, a place they haven't been since 2010, which happened to be Hilton's last year on Log Mountain before leaving for UPike.

They'll welcome a Taylor County squad that won't be intimidated by the prospect of winning on the road in the playoffs. The Cardinals won their district at Glasgow two weeks ago before making the long trip to Paducah to take down Tilghman in the quarterfinals. A healthy Tre Goodin and Wes Oliver combined for 357 rushing yards in Friday's 38-28 win over PT.

Players to watch: Goodin and Bell County QB London Stephney are two of 3A's most electrifying playmakers. Combined with Taylor's Oliver (3A's leading rusher with 2,093 yards) and Bell's Brandon Baker (1,226 yards rushing), they help give the Cardinals and Bobcats two of this class' best backfields.

Edited by DevilMayCare

After watching some film on Taylor, their run defense looks extremely suspect and flat footed.

Taylor County has some really nice pieces on offense and their O-Line blocks well, I think they will sustain some success against Bell County's defense.

Unfortunately, I think Bell's explosive play-makers will feast on the Cardinal D though.

Bell County 44

Taylor County 20

Bell Co will be tested for the first time all year. Their SOS was subpar to say the least. I think this will be the difference maker. Taylor Co has played Simon Kenton, Campbellsville,Glasgow 2X, and Paducah Tilghman. Better be glad this is a home game. Taylor Co by 14+.