Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Sleeper Players

Featured Replies

I would be curious for info on some under the radar players in the 9th.

Everyone talks about Vieth and Bessler for St. Henry, and deservedly so, but I'd like to give a shout-out to Reed Ravenscraft. Kid guards, works hard, rebounds, and is a sneaky-good offensive weapon. Not blessed with a ton of bounce or explosiveness, but he is strong, knows the game, and plays with a toughness that you have to love and emulate. I'm a fan of that kid!

Everyone talks about Vieth and Bessler for St. Henry, and deservedly so, but I'd like to give a shout-out to Reed Ravenscraft. Kid guards, works hard, rebounds, and is a sneaky-good offensive weapon. Not blessed with a ton of bounce or explosiveness, but he is strong, knows the game, and plays with a toughness that you have to love and emulate. I'm a fan of that kid!

 

This is the freshman?

@NEERFAN, speaking of under the radar, what happened to Caleb Bush?

 

Not sure. He's not on the football roster.

I’m eager to see how much improved the Holmes Bulldogs are this season. They finished their season looking way better than the beginning, and even played a decent game against CovCath in the districts. It seemed that Coach Carr was bringing them around to his way, so season 2 with them should be interesting.

 

I’m not too keen yet on their entire roster, but there’s 3 guys that I seem to recall showed great potential last season, and I’ll be watching closely to see how they have developed since.

 

Sr - Demario Foster - Strong forward

 

Sr - Amari Mullins - Good ball handler

 

Jr - Calloway - seemed to be developing an all around decent game (There are two Jr Calloway’s on the Bulldog roster (perhaps brothers), so I can’t remember which of the two I’m referring to). Perhaps both will be a force.

 

I’m not predicting anything grand from the Bulldogs this season yet I won’t be surprised if they’re much improved and become part of a tier 2 conversation, or even pull some surprise wins.

 

Very eager to see though how much the 3 players I have mentioned have progressed. Perhaps someone more in the know can provide more info about them, and what they may have seen from them in summer games etc...

I’m eager to see how much improved the Holmes Bulldogs are this season. They finished their season looking way better than the beginning, and even played a decent game against CovCath in the districts. It seemed that Coach Carr was bringing them around to his way, so season 2 with them should be interesting.

 

I’m not too keen yet on their entire roster, but there’s 3 guys that I seem to recall showed great potential last season, and I’ll be watching closely to see how they have developed since.

 

Sr - Demario Foster - Strong forward

 

Sr - Amari Mullins - Good ball handler

 

Jr - Calloway - seemed to be developing an all around decent game (There are two Jr Calloway’s on the Bulldog roster (perhaps brothers), so I can’t remember which of the two I’m referring to). Perhaps both will be a force.

 

I’m not predicting anything grand from the Bulldogs this season yet I won’t be surprised if they’re much improved and become part of a tier 2 conversation, or even pull some surprise wins.

 

Very eager to see though how much the 3 players I have mentioned have progressed. Perhaps someone more in the know can provide more info about them, and what they may have seen from them in summer games etc...

 

If the Calloway brothers have as good a year in basketball as they did in football, they will have a great year. The football players are just now starting to practice because of the playoffs. Mullins will be fun to watch, the young man can jump out off the gym as they say. Watch for another football player named Hall to really help on the boards. I think they will be better under Coach Carrs system for,the his second season. Will be a work in progress and a fun team to watch.

Any Highlands sleepers?

 

Sam Vinson is 6'3 now and will be as advertised.

Luke Muller will be the best deep ball shooter in the 9th region and it won't be close IMO. ;) He's 6'5 and in range when he crosses half court.

 

You also have 3 stronger (senior) football kids in Jacob Braas, Hunter Ahlfeld, and Jack Delagrange that will help make a splash once they get up to speed.

 

Ollie(Sophmore) is a scrapy younger player that will do well. Taller kid and he seems to find the ball.

 

Brycen Cody (Junior) will battle down low. Plays taller than he is.

Not sure. He's not on the football roster.

 

Great athlete. Has been injured and had a few surgeries. Not sure if he'll play. Hated to see him not out on the football field.

Not necessarily a sleeper, but absolutely a fast riser in Highlands' program is William Herald. A 6' Frosh 2023, he can fill it up from distance, plays solid defense, can handle the ball, and has the most competitive spirit of any player in that class. Herald will likely play JV this season, but could and should see Varsity time and would most certainly be a solid contributor. Watch out for him in years to come, a prolific scorer with a strong basketball IQ and will to win. He's a great kid too; father Kenny coaches the Frosh team at Highlands.

McHale for CovCath (Sophomore) had a great summer and will absolutely push for some serious PT.

I have heard the same thing about Mchale at CCH. That is will be tough to keep him and the Stocks kid on the bench.

I have heard the same thing about Mchale at CCH. That is will be tough to keep him and the Stocks kid on the bench.

 

I was under the understanding McHale was starting. Maybe I misunderstood the gentleman, but I don't believe starting or getting enough playing time is going to be an issue with McHale.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.