Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ohio State 64 Cincinnati 56

Featured Replies

Ugly ball but the win for the Buckeyes (1-0) made it a beautiful thing. Kyle Young (14 points) hit 6-7 from the field to lead the winners and he had 13 rebounds. D.J. Carton chipped in with 9 for the Buckeyes. For Cincinnati (0-1) Jarron Cumberland and Keith Williams had 13.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

Minor correction, it's Jarron Cumberland (not Jason). There's also another Cumberland on the roster, Jaevin (who's Jarron's cousin, I believe).

Not as good of a start for Cumberland as you would've hoped for after passing on the NBA to come back for one more season. How did Ohio State look?

  • Author
Minor correction, it's Jarron Cumberland (not Jason). There's also another Cumberland on the roster, Jaevin (who's Jarron's cousin, I believe).
Thanks I used a line score from the game, where I should have gone to the Bearcats page.
@Walter

 

Got any observations for us?

 

Just seeing this.

 

I was actually encouraged by what I saw from UC and they looked much better than what I had expected, despite the poor shooting percentages (33% FG, 19% 3FG, 61% FT). I felt it was tough for them to get in to any sort of rhythm with all the whistles effecting the flow of the game (many against them...OSU got the home whistle....I'll leave it at that) but they showed glimpses of what is, IMO, going to be a pretty good team once they get adjusted to Brannen's style and each other.

 

Cumberland cousins go 1 for 10 from 3 combined and yet they were still down just 2 with under 4 minutes to go. Don't think we see another game the rest of this season where those two combine for 10% from 3. Jarron is still trying to get in shape from being out much of the summer with an injury so it's understandable with him. Jaevin and Tre Scott combining to go 1 of 13 from the field was a little disappointing to see considering how much they will be relied on this year to compliment Jarron/Keith.

 

They held Wesson in check (7 points) and I thought Sorrolla and Vogt made it tough for him inside. Not bad for two guys who were playing in the Horizon last season against a potential All American.

 

Keith Williams looked really good for UC so it was good to see his success from last year carry over. He has the length and athleticism to really thrive in this system.

 

Overall, I think the Bearcats are in good hands with JB. They showed much better ball and player movement than what we ever saw under Mick and that led to several easy baskets against OSU. And...they still showed a toughness on defense that should win them a lot of games.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.