Best Basketball Conference?

Log Mountain Boy

Best Basketball Conference?

I think its the SEC. The league right now has 5 good teams in Fla, Alabama, UK, LSU, and Tenn. Also Arkansas, South Carolina, and Miss St could also end up good.

The Pac10 is looking good early with UCLA, Oregon, Arizona, and Cal. Ive not heard much about Washington yet.

What does everyone think?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does USC and MSU have?? I'll take my chances on Clemson beating both of those squads.

South Carolina and Miss St has a lot better coaches than Clemson to start with. I dont know much about either team's personnel. As for Miss St. I think they are going to be a much improved team this year. Rhodes is a good big man, they were very young last year. Gordon is going to be a great player.

Ive met and talked to Purnell and Stansbury, Ive been much more impressed with Stansbury.

I think it's a little too early to decide who has the best conference at this point. One thing we know for sure, the ACC is MUCH better than the Big 10.

Your right I just think it makes for pretty good discussion. Who would have thought the SEC, at the top, would be the best conference, atleast with the top 5 teams (Big East was a deeper conference).

I think the SEC, Pac10, ACC, and Big East are the big 4 at this point.

MVC....Southern Illinois, Missouri State, Creighton, and Wichita State are teams that no major conference team wants to play.

ACC....Boston College, Duke, Clemson, UNC, Maryland, and Georgia Tech are all talented teams with Virginia not far behind. I wouldn't put much stock in NCST yet, they have 5 scholarship players and you can't be successful with that.

SEC....Florida, LSU, Alabama, Tennessee, UK, and Arkansas are all pretty good.....Mississippi State lost to Clemson, so that settles that.

WAC/MWC....The most underrated conferences this year. These guys are going to suprise a lot of people come tourney time.....Air Force, New Mexico, New Mexico State(I know they're struggling right now, but they'll be fine), San Diego State, and Nevada are all NCAA tourney teams.

Basically it's anybody's guess at this point....But my earlier vote goes to the MVC.