Deer Hunting?!?!

NEWCATH84

I just got this from a friend I hunt with. It was taken last weekend with a bow. Alcan Aluminum owns about 2500 acres around there plant in Henderson Co.. The employees are allowed to hunt it and can take 1-2 non employees with them. I have hunt there a couple of times but never saw anything like this. It gross scored in the low 180's and had a net score of 162".

It was shot from a regular stand, not the Silverado edition.

I believe that would be your basic snipe!!!:D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got this from a friend I hunt with. It was taken last weekend with a bow. Alcan Aluminum owns about 2500 acres around there plant in Henderson Co.. The employees are allowed to hunt it and can take 1-2 non employees with them. I have hunt there a couple of times but never saw anything like this. It gross scored in the low 180's and had a net score of 162".

It was shot from a regular stand, not the Silverado edition.

Nice deer. Congratulations to your friend.

Now that we've totally blown up the tread,,,I know of a couple of guys that were at a local gun range sighting in their turkey guns and such and called a longbeard in and it was 1 week before season. The irony is that 2 fish and game officers came in pursuit of a baited area nearby for poachers. So, how wrong is it to call a turkey in before season, which by the way, is illegal whether you shoot it or not!

The gloves just don't seem to fit. Mr. Alito

Anyone know anything about hunting? It is something a few of my buddies are into and I am thinking about giving it a "shot" LOL What type of rifle should I buy?? Anyone? :confused:

Along with all the great advice others have given here is some info on a nice web-site that may be of help in getting you pointed in the right direction. I hope this helps. It has some good info.

http://www.huntandshoot.org

• 4 months later...
I use a Remington model 742 semi auto 30-06 and I love it. I can use heavy shells for the woods and light shells for fields. I've always loved 243's though. They are very accurate.

I have a Remington 600 in 6mm, which is the same as 243, very accurate, probably the most accurate rifle I have shot.