Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds at Marlins (8/26 - 8/29)

Featured Replies

Reds started a four game series with the Marlins last night and began it with a W, winning it 6-3.

 

Freddy Galvis seems to be proving that he was a solid addition to the team. He hit a 3-run homer and had 4 RBIs total.

 

Suarez hit his 36th homer of the season, which I believe is a career best, and he still has basically 5 weeks of the season left.

 

Ervin also clubbed a 2-run homer.

 

Sonny Gray with another pretty decent performance, minus the five walks.

Whew, ANOTHER 26 pitch first inning, love him but he’s got to learn to challenge more!

Whew, ANOTHER 26 pitch first inning, love him but he’s got to learn to challenge more!

 

I agree, not throwing strikes led to the two runs.

  • Author

Iglesias has set a record for most hits with a 0-2 count, 24 times.

 

They didn't start keeping the stat until 1988.

Iglesias has set a record for most hits with a 0-2 count, 24 times.

 

They didn't start keeping the stat until 1988.

 

Really been unreal on that, should just go to the plate and say I’ll go ahead start with an 0-2 count!!

Whew, ANOTHER 26 pitch first inning, love him but he’s got to learn to challenge more!

 

Smokescreen for the later innings. Last I checked he had struck out 2.3 consecutive innings worth of Marlins.

  • Author

Reds win last night 8-5.

 

Suarez with another HR, which is three games in a row now.

 

Senzel has apparently changed his hitting stance, which has helped him over the last couple games after an extensive drought.

 

Casali with a nice night last night too.

Whew, ANOTHER 26 pitch first inning, love him but he’s got to learn to challenge more!

 

I agree, not throwing strikes led to the two runs.

 

I've said it before on here, a patient hitter can make Castillo look wild, due to the number of change-ups he throws that end up out of the strike zone.

 

I don't think it's a matter of "stuff". I think maybe there needs to be a different approach to batters the first time through the lineup for him. Whether that's on him, Tucker/Casali, the pitching coach...I don't know who's ultimately calling the pitches for him...but, they need to recognize when batters are taking those change-ups and not swinging at them.

  • Author

Aquino has 41 Homers on the season in 425 attempts, which is a homer every 9.1 at bats.

 

Barry Bonds averaged one in every 11 at bats in 2001.

 

Per @redsfan_Brandon on Twitter.

 

I know it's not the same but still a cool stat.

Reds pick up their 3rd win in a row with a 5-0 shut out of the Marlins.

  • Author
Reds pick up their 3rd win in a row with a 5-0 shut out of the Marlins.

 

Nice night for Disco.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.