Reds at Marlins (8/26 - 8/29)

Top of tenth and Reds have first two on base and Votto up. Do they bunt? Heck no, and Votto hits into a double play. Suarez follows with a ground out. Do the Reds think it is below Votto to ask him to bunt? I just can't tell you the last time Votto had a big hit.

Top of tenth and Reds have first two on base and Votto up. Do they bunt? Heck no, and Votto hits into a double play. Suarez follows with a ground out. Do the Reds think it is below Votto to ask him to bunt? I just can't tell you the last time Votto had a big hit.

The Reds don't bunt position players. Has nothing to do with it being "below Votto".

OK, how about Votto with another chance for a big hit and he grounds into a double play? Is that on Votto?

How about it? You were right, he didn't come through, hence why I didn't say anything about it.

But him not bunting has nothing to do with it being below him. That hasn't been this team's approach all season.

The bigger issue last night isn't Votto, it's the closer who picks up another L.

But, the Reds go 3-1 in the 4 game series.

Agree, 2-10 as a closer, that’s just unreal!! I’m about at the opinion of Iglesias that if he comes into a game that’s not a save situation he just really doesn’t give a crap!!