Equifax Data Breach

nWo

Everyone should use the link below to check and see if you are affected by the Equafax data breach. We were so I put on a fraud alert with all of the credit reporting agencies and also put a freeze on our credit.

This may explain why We've had a person named MEAGHAN FATOR try to buy a car at two different car dealerships in the greater Cincinnati area using our home address. We received two letters saying their credit applications were denied. I called each place to report it.

https://eligibility.equifaxbreachsettlement.com/en/eligibility?fbclid=IwAR0YrePRqyAC18BRi9os6yDmtF6w5M6ftcCo7Faq0VfLBSGjMjjfxA1RY3w

Everyone should use the link below to check and see if you are affected by the Equafax data breach. We were so I put on a fraud alert with all of the credit reporting agencies and also put a freeze on our credit.

This may explain why We've had a person named MEAGHAN FATOR try to buy a car at two different car dealerships in the greater Cincinnati area using our home address. We received two letters saying their credit applications were denied. I called each place to report it.

https://eligibility.equifaxbreachsettlement.com/en/eligibility?fbclid=IwAR0YrePRqyAC18BRi9os6yDmtF6w5M6ftcCo7Faq0VfLBSGjMjjfxA1RY3w

How long ago was the breach and when did you have people trying to use your info nWo?

FYI if you were affected, you are entitled to $125 or 10 years of free credit monitoring. But with all of the great free credit monitoring apps out there anyways I would definitely take the $125.

Thanks for the tip. My wife and were both affected. $250 extra to the travel fund.

Thanks for the tip. My wife and were both affected. $250 extra to the travel fund.

It depends on how many people put in a request for the payout claim. Apparently the fund only covers up to 240,000 claims but there were 170,000,000 people impacted. Either way I'm gonna put in the request and accept whatever they end up sending me.

• 2 weeks later...
This Meghan Fator tried again the get a car at Toyota of Cincinnati using my address. This time they tried to use Capital One Auto Finance.

I can't figure out how people could get away with trying to steal someone's identity to buy a car. I can see the financing part, but wouldn't they need your driver's license info to get insurance to be able to drive it off the lot?

I can't figure out how people could get away with trying to steal someone's identity to buy a car. I can see the financing part, but wouldn't they need your driver's license info to get insurance to be able to drive it off the lot?

The only way someone could steal your identity to get a car would be the financial institution being extremely negligent. A credit report will show a name mismatch, address mismatch, any fraud alerts, etc.

The only way someone could steal your identity to get a car would be the financial institution being extremely negligent. A credit report will show a name mismatch, address mismatch, any fraud alerts, etc.

I talked to someone again at Toyota of Cincinnati. They informed me that it was a lady who lives in the Cincinnati area. She really didn't try to use my Identity. She just tried to use our address. I can't figure out why they didn't question the fact that the address was in Richmond, Ky and they are in Cincinnati.

I talked to someone again at Toyota of Cincinnati. They informed me that it was a lady who lives in the Cincinnati area. She really didn't try to use my Identity. She just tried to use our address. I can't figure out why they didn't question the fact that the address was in Richmond, Ky and they are in Cincinnati.

That’s not that suspicious, IMO. People travel a long way to purchase cars regularly.