CovCaths's Kicker

VoR

Cov Cath is doing a good job of helping. They have sent out a number of tapes with very positive feedback, but again no one has steppped up to the plate. It is a little disheartening, but the good news is that several 1AA schools want him to play immediatley. We will continue to send out new tape and have set up a web site at http://www.shanepopham.com a friend set it up and did a good job.

Great site! That will get some well deserved attention.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not to my life understand College Football coaches. A kicker can win 1 to 2 games a year. What other player on the team has that much outcome in a game? And yet the coaches almost refuse to give a kicker a free ride to college. It makes no sence to me. If Kentucky had offered a big time kicker a full ride, the outcome of today's Tennessee game would have been different. I think a scholarship would be worth every penny to the university to have a reliable kicker on their team. A missed extra point and like a 20 yard fieldgoal is unacceptable in my book for a SEC football team. Start giving scholarships to the good KICKERS!

Maybe UK should be calling as well. Kicking game hurt again today against UT.

Naw Shane can't go to UK, last year's Place Kicker Tony Roch of CovCath is a red shirt freshmen there already....and yes UK could have used Tony today.....Shane bested Tony record longest FG which was 50yds. BTW the only reason Shane wasn't a starter since his sophmore seaon was the guy's in front of him. One was a walkon at Big Ten Nothwestern the other at SEC UK. Talk about a school having a run of great kickers.....and I understand the young man up next, is not to shabby either.......

I can not to my life understand College Football coaches. A kicker can win 1 to 2 games a year. What other player on the team has that much outcome in a game? And yet the coaches almost refuse to give a kicker a free ride to college. It makes no sence to me. If Kentucky had offered a big time kicker a full ride, the outcome of today's Tennessee game would have been different. I think a scholarship would be worth every penny to the university to have a reliable kicker on their team. A missed extra point and like a 20 yard fieldgoal is unacceptable in my book for a SEC football team. Start giving scholarships to the good KICKERS!

Pop a great kicker, and yes should get a ride to college.

I know I'm going to get it for saying this, but UK's true freshmen kicker had one heck of a H.S career plenty over 50 yards very comparable to Pop. Not trying to stick up for UK's guy but just saying how he did in H.S.

I don't think UK will offer another kicker a scholly

Pop should get one somewhere he's good

Well when Aaron Pettrey was hear at Raceland getting offers didnt seem to be a problem! I have heard of this guy all the way down here in eastern Ky all year and we have been watching him to see if he takes Aarons record. I wouldnt mind seeing him go to Flordia as long as he doesnt go to Michigan im in good shape!

Well when Aaron Pettrey was hear at Raceland getting offers didnt seem to be a problem! I have heard of this guy all the way down here in eastern Ky all year and we have been watching him to see if he takes Aarons record. I wouldnt mind seeing him go to Flordia as long as he doesnt go to Michigan im in good shape!

There is nothing wrong with Michigan and they do need a kicker.