Ford V Ferrari (Movie)

• 5 months later...

Really enjoyed the movie. Then again I love cars and Fords and have a grandfather and son named Shelby. Trust me, my grandpa isn't the only reason my son was named Shelby! :lol2:

Movie is pretty acurate from a timeline status, except they completely skipped one year.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

Really enjoyed the movie. Then again I love cars and Fords and have a grandfather and son named Shelby. Trust me, my grandpa isn't the only reason my son i

was named Shelby! :lol2:

Movie is pretty acurate from a timeline status, except they completely skipped one year.

I enjoyed the movie, but was not familiar with the story or individuals other than the movie and what I knew about Iacocca from the news in the 80's. Tell me about the year they skipped and anything else not accurate in the portrayal.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

I enjoyed the movie, but was not familiar with the story or individuals other than the movie and what I knew about Iacocca from the news in the 80's. Tell me about the year they skipped and anything else not accurate in the portrayal.

Ford won in their third attempt at LeMans. The movie depicts the first and third attempts. On the second attempt Ken Miles did get to race, but he lost a gear box early in the race and went out.

That was the biggest omission that I am familiar with.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a documentary on Netflix that covers the whole story. It's called "The 24 Hour War". I think that's the name of it.