Cincinnati Recruiting 2020

Walter

He was on campus a couple times, but like I said it was pretty clear for a while that Valentine wasn't super interested and that Fickell favored Anderson.

Moeller hasn't been a hot spot to date, but as we have seen across town outside of Winton Woods things can change quickly with one or two kids. I find it more interesting that Fickell didn't push on Valentine when he is a kid that Fick's seen at Moeller practice a hundred times.

That’s a really good point. Fickell is a gifted talent evaluator. He told Meyer we have to take Darron Lee (1st rounder) and Malik Harrison (all American this year) when Meyer initially said no to both.

How many kids do they take in this class GT? Counting Wodtly their at #15 right?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s a really good point. Fickell is a gifted talent evaluator. He told Meyer we have to take Darron Lee (1st rounder) and Malik Harrison (all American this year) when Meyer initially said no to both.

How many kids do they take in this class GT? Counting Wodtly their at #15 right?

They only have 13 seniors so it is going to be another small class. My guess right now is they settle at about 18. Wodtly is 15 and Anderson would be 16 if they can close the deal.

Any news on Ricky Hyatt Jr.?

I think UC has offered?

He’s been linked to a few different teams but I think he’s headed to Lexington. Id love to see him in the Queen City though, not sure what GT’s sources are hearing but I don’t think it’s good.

He’s been linked to a few different teams but I think he’s headed to Lexington. Id love to see him in the Queen City though, not sure what GT’s sources are hearing but I don’t think it’s good.

Yeah it has never really felt like UC got any traction with Hyatt.

Yeah it has never really felt like UC got any traction with Hyatt.

KSR is pumping the UK beat OSU for him right now, even though we just got the #4 safety nationally and they’re gonna get Hyatt, the #47 safety nationally lol. Matt and Drew know how to take the UK fan base for a ride.

I appreciate you having a little more dignity on your site which is gonna have a record year, this year with coach Fick.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ethan Wright committed to the Bearcats today.

Another really solid get for Fick and his staff after Wright decommitted from Duke 3 weeks ago.

Ethan Wright, Manchester, Athlete

From Kyle Oberlin on twitter:

If my numbers are correct, @EthanWright_25 finishes his high school career ranked all-time in the state of Ohio:

TDs - 130 (2nd)

Rush Yards - 7804 (4th)

Rushing TDs - 105 (6th)

Points - 838 (2nd)

Phenomenal career. Best of luck at the next level

• 1 month later...

Sammy Anderson got bumped up to a 4* in the final 247sports rankings.

Evan Prater moved up to #45 nationally in their final rankings and #4 QB overall after a really strong showing during Army All American practice week.

Another big time addition to the best class in program history as 4* WR Jadon Thompson committed to UC today.

Jadon Thompson, Naperville Central, Wide Receiver

UC up to #47 in the national rankings with the potential to move higher if they land a few more targets on NSD tomorrow.

Up to four 4* commits in this class.

Edited by Walter

Another big time addition to the best class in program history as 4* WR Jadon Thompson committed to UC today.

Jadon Thompson, Naperville Central, Wide Receiver

UC up to #47 in the national rankings with the potential to move higher if they land a few more targets on NSD tomorrow.

Up to four 4* commits in this class.

Hard to think he didn’t talk to Fickell about the rumors before making this commitment.

Hard to think he didn’t talk to Fickell about the rumors before making this commitment.

My thoughts as well. MSU is a mess right now and I can't see Fick wanting to put his family in that situation.

A few more kids that UC could potentially steal from other programs tomorrow. That should tell us even more. Really easy for other programs to negative recruit against UC right now with the Fick rumors.

My thoughts as well. MSU is a mess right now and I can't see Fick wanting to put his family in that situation.

A few more kids that UC could potentially steal from other programs tomorrow. That should tell us even more. Really easy for other programs to negative recruit against UC right now with the Fick rumors.

All comes down to money. Sparty has to go in at 4.5 to even get his attention.