2019 PGA Championship

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil with a driver on the 6th, where they say everyone is hitting an iron (around a 4 iron)...and he loses it left...waaaaaaayyyy left. Will be interesting to see what type of shot he has left.

Phil in knee high rough...hits it into green-side bunker.

Phil with a driver on the 6th, where they say everyone is hitting an iron (around a 4 iron)...and he loses it left...waaaaaaayyyy left. Will be interesting to see what type of shot he has left.

Phil in knee high rough...hits it into green-side bunker.

And gets up and down from there, for a hard working par. Still even on the day.

Reading this progression was like re-watching every round of golf I've seen Phil Mickelson play for 20 years.

How does he find ways to turn sure-fire bogeys or even doubles into par?

Reading this progression was like re-watching every round of golf I've seen Phil Mickelson play for 20 years.

How does he find ways to turn sure-fire bogeys or even doubles into par?

I don't know. It was funny listening to the commentators, though. They're like "What the hell is he doing with a driver?" :lol2:

Brooks Koepka is a freakin' machine. Birdies 3 of the first 4 holes to start off today. Sits at -10 (now thru 8 holes). He still hasn't made a single bogey.

Closest competitor right now is Tommy Fleetwood, who's 4 shots back. Was nice to see Jordan Spieth make a nice run this morning (shot a 66), he's 3rd at -5. Dustin Johnson shot a 67 and is at -4.

Tiger is right on the cut line, sitting at +3.

If Tiger misses the cut, and Koepka continues this type of play and runs away with it, Sunday's tv numbers are going to be super low.

CBS is probably trying to recruit some Giants defensive linemen to jump Koepka in the parking lot, just to make the weekend worthwhile.

From what I've read here so far, I am thinking we should retitle this thread to -2019 PGA Championship Tiger Woods Updates

You won't have to worry about any more Tiger mentions. As @TheDeuce predicted, he won't be in contention on Sunday...because he missed the cut. Shot a +3 today for a total of +5 thru the first two days.

This has all the makings of a yawner the way Koepka is playing. He finally proved he is human, and had a bogey...after going the past 51 holes (between last year and this year) without one. He finished today's round 5 under, for a two day total of -12.

Second place is tied between Adam Scott and Jordan Spieth, who are both at -5. DJ is among a group of 5, that are one shot behind them.

This would take a monumental collapse for anyone else not named Koepka to win this, and I just don't see it happening. The guy is just methodical. I think you're going to have to get to at least -16 to even have a shot, and even that might not be enough.

I probably shouldn't even comment in these threads because I have little to zero interest in watching golf. I haven't watched a single hole or highlight and doubt I will watch any this weekend either, unless Sunday afternoon I am home doing nothing and start channel flipping. Apologies for interjecting into this thread.

@CincySportsFan @TheDeuce

I probably shouldn't even comment in these threads because I have little to zero interest in watching golf. I haven't watched a single hole or highlight and doubt I will watch any this weekend either, unless Sunday afternoon I am home doing nothing and start channel flipping. Apologies for interjecting into this thread.

@CincySportsFan @TheDeuce

Naw, you're good, man. I am a fan of Tiger, so it may have come off as a bit biased. I apologize if it was too one-sided there early on.