2019 PGA Championship

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is underway at Bethpage Black on Long Island, New York. Normally played in August, it's been moved up this year and will shorten the bridge between the Masters and the US Open.

Tiger Woods is going to be a fan favorite after winning the Masters last month, but it wouldn't surprise me if one of the other guys in his initial group ends up taking home the Wanamaker Trophy...Brooks Koepka (last year's champ) or Francesco Molinari.

Like him or not, all eyes are on Tiger Woods as he continues his quest to accumulate more major championships (15) chasing the all time record (18) of Jack Nicklaus. Tiger's first round tee time is 8:24 a.m.

Tiger with a double bogey on his first hole (10th). Somewhat of a bad break, having to start on the back 9. Hopefully things don't get too far out of hand before he makes the turn to the front nine.

Koepka holes a 40 foot putt to start with a birdie on the same hole.

From what I've read here so far, I am thinking we should retitle this thread to -2019 PGA Championship Tiger Woods Updates

Sorry. But, a lot of the other big names...Rory, DJ, Spieth, Phil, Jason Day, etc....haven't teed off yet. I'll try to be more fair and balanced.

Brooks Koepka with a clinic this morning. Hit long putts to start and end his round. Finishes with a 7 under 63. Has the early clubhouse lead by 4 over Tommy Fleetwood.

Tiger and Molinari both finished +2.

They say the wind has picked up a little, so we'll see if anyone can catch Brooks. DJ and Jordan are just on their first hole.