Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

District Awards...

Featured Replies

I thought the same thing.

Congrats to linemen Robey, Hall and Spoelker for well deserved spots!

Lack of any T "skill" players does make one scratch their head... but these selections usually do. Kudos to all the players!

politics rears it's ugly head again.

  • Author

^ Isn't it amazing when something is supposed to be about the kids, but yet, adults with convictions feel that it is necessary to let these kids suffer.

As I understand it these awards are voted on by the coaches in the district. Coaches nominate their players but are not allowed to vote for their own players. If the coaches in this district are not voting for Trinity's players just out of spite then the whole process needs to be scrapped.

 

Anyone with any knowlege of football at all should be able to see that Nick is a much better QB then the young man from Shelby County (who is a very good QB, I mean him no disrespect). I guess that Nick (and the rest of The Rocks) will have to take solice in the fact that they are still playing while none of the other "best players in the district" are.

Rock Fans. I saw Nick and he is very good and made some great plays against Male. But let me say this...I've around this city since 1966 and following high school football since then and the Trinity program is just not well liked. Now y'all know this and I think its really a shame because I do respect your program. Look at major programs in other states and they have the same problem. You just win too much. Thats the nature of the beast. I think Nick will not "suffer" he is playing tonite and there are a lot of kids who are not. And finally Nick should get several votes for Mr. Football but I'm hoping Douglas wins it. Bama had the same problem in the 60s and 70s and I didn't care what others thought about us really too much.

AL you are correct. When I played at Trinity it was no different it all comes down to the perception of to much success. As for Douglas he is the best two way player I have seen in this state. It was a pleasure to see him play last Friday I wish him much success in College.

Congrats to linemen Robey, Hall and Spoelker for well deserved spots!

Lack of any T "skill" players does make one scratch their head... but these selections usually do. Kudos to all the players!

Congrats to the lineman mention above, but lets not forget about T's defensive players who also received first team honors. Williams (DB), Petrino (DB), Weitlauf (LB), Fleichler ?? (DL), McDermott (DL) & Deeds (OLB).

Beaumont and Anderson Co-District players of the year...

 

 

 

 

I want to congratulate Alex Matthews from Shelby County for winning in our district, BUT...come on, Nick should have won hands down.

 

Let me first start off by saying, I'm a Nick fan and have been for two years. Lets not forget, Alex beat Trinity in the 7 on 7 tourney in June at U of L. Does anyone know Alex's numbers compared to Nick's numbers? This would tell the story. Again, I'm a Nick fan, but Alex appeares to be a very good competitor behind the center.

Dows anyone have the complete list?

I guess Nick came out last night with something to prove. Over 400 yards in offense, three TDs passing, three TDs running. To any coach in Trinity's district that didn't vote for Petrino, shame on you. He may not win Mr. Football, but he sure played like one last night.

I am sure Alex is a great kid! But 7on7 is not justification for a great quarterback! It, in no way simulates REAL football. It’s just a early opportunity to work on timing with your receivers in a competitive atmosphere. My vote would go to the QB that I would want to have with the game on the line and thier is no QB in this region I would take over Petrino!

  • Author

These are Alex Matthew's stats....(It doesn't ascertain district and non-district games)

 

2,698 yards 33 TD's 11 int's 54% completion

 

 

 

These are Nick Petrino's stats

 

2,751 yards 35 TD's 4 int's 68%

469 yards rushing 9 TD's 4.6 ypc

Petrino has twice the talent surrounding him, Mathews had those numbers and his team didnt even make the playoffs. Also, with the voting Im sure some thought went ito the fact that Trinity will probably win another State Title, and Petrino will probably get the MVP.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.