Gunnar Hoak Transferring

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing time certainly wasn’t his reasoning for leaving UK apparently. But, I would rather ride the pine at OSU than at UK.

He wanted to be at OSU from the start and the second they called his name, he packed his bags. He was born at the OSU medical center and his dad wore the jersey. He will get to play at his dream school and throw TD’s there, on top of building business connections after school. Gunnar is living the dream.

Wow @John Anthony sounds like you and I actually knew what we were talking about when we speculated on Hoak coming home.

Or when we said Meyer wouldn’t play his NFL QB, two years ago.

I'm sorry but you all lost like 10 points for you all defending JT Barrett a few years ago and saying he should be the starter. When myself a non OSU fan was saying OSU would have been better off with Cardale Jones starting, but yet you OSU fans disagreed and wanted to tell me how great JT Barrett was. Even though I told you all you would never win anything big with him! So you all still are trying to gain points for all the points you all lost with that lol.

You all called it on this though for sure. If he wasn't trying to be a starter next year. Then this is very smart to go to OSU to sit the bench, and have a chance to get a ring.

I'm sorry but you all lost like 10 points for you all defending JT Barrett a few years ago and saying he should be the starter. When myself a non OSU fan was saying OSU would have been better off with Cardale Jones starting, but yet you OSU fans disagreed and wanted to tell me how great JT Barrett was. Even though I told you all you would never win anything big with him! So you all still are trying to gain points for all the points you all lost with that lol.

You all called it on this though for sure. If he wasn't trying to be a starter next year. Then this is very smart to go to OSU to sit the bench, and have a chance to get a ring.

Again I was off the JT train after the OU game 2 years ago.

Again I was off the JT train after the OU game 2 years ago.

That is fine. I'm just saying if you all going to pound your chest about how you OSU fans know what you all are talking about with OSU. I just wanted to remind you all that a non OSU fan told you all about JT Barrett not being the right guy for you all before you all even wanted to believe it lol.

I'm just having some fun and wanted to remind you all of that, because you all have been right on with most OSU since then :D.

Umm I almost got thrown out of Ohio Stadium for saying JT shouldn’t be the starter lol.

We won the title because JT got hurt and Cardale went in. Meyer botched 2015 completely with the back and forth.

I’m gonna have to make you wear another Michigan avatar for a weekend with this nonsense FC lol.

He wanted to be at OSU from the start and the second they called his name, he packed his bags. He was born at the OSU medical center and his dad wore the jersey. He will get to play at his dream school and throw TD’s there, on top of building business connections after school. Gunnar is living the dream.

He will only get to throw touchdowns at Ohio State if he wins the back up job in the next two years. That will be challenging with the competition at OSU.

I understand Gunnar's thinking on this one. He had an opportunity to go where his heart was.....and he took it. I can relate.

His decision will serve him well, regardless of how much playing time he will get in the next two years.

He will only get to throw touchdowns at Ohio State if he wins the back up job in the next two years. That will be challenging with the competition at OSU.

I understand Gunnar's thinking on this one. He had an opportunity to go where his heart was.....and he took it. I can relate.

His decision will serve him well, regardless of how much playing time he will get in the next two years.

OSU has zero QB depth behind Fields. Hoak will beat out Chugunov for the back up spot no problem at all. Plus the back up QB at OSU has been pretty important over the years. Kenny Guiton in 12-13, JT Barrett and Cardale Jones in 14, Dwayne Haskins coming in for an injured JT in the Michigan and leading a come from behind win in 17. When you have a mobile QB, which Fields clearly is, the backup QB is extremely important.

OSU has zero QB depth behind Fields. Hoak will beat out Chugunov for the back up spot no problem at all. Plus the back up QB at OSU has been pretty important over the years. Kenny Guiton in 12-13, JT Barrett and Cardale Jones in 14, Dwayne Haskins coming in for an injured JT in the Michigan and leading a come from behind win in 17. When you have a mobile QB, which Fields clearly is, the backup QB is extremely important.

You think Hoak is going to be any of those guys? And if so, did you think that before he transferred to OSU?