Gunnar Hoak Transferring

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think Hoak is going to be any of those guys? And if so, did you think that before he transferred to OSU?

I have been in the camp that Hoak should’ve started at UK last year. He doesn’t fit the type of offense UK wants to run, but I think he’s a much better passer than Terry Wilson. I’m not trying to act like Hoak is going to be great at OSU, but could he be Kenny Guiton and be a competent back up that could come in and start a game if need be? Yeah.

He will only get to throw touchdowns at Ohio State if he wins the back up job in the next two years. That will be challenging with the competition at OSU.

I understand Gunnar's thinking on this one. He had an opportunity to go where his heart was.....and he took it. I can relate.

His decision will serve him well, regardless of how much playing time he will get in the next two years.

He’s already won the backup job.

I have been in the camp that Hoak should’ve started at UK last year. He doesn’t fit the type of offense UK wants to run, but I think he’s a much better passer than Terry Wilson. I’m not trying to act like Hoak is going to be great at OSU, but could he be Kenny Guiton and be a competent back up that could come in and start a game if need be? Yeah.

I also think he’s a better backup for OSU than Baldwin in 2019. Hoak has been competing for the last 3+ years. Baldwin, didn’t start until his senior year of HS and tore his ACL at the very end of it and has rehabbing ever sense.

You can compete for a B10 title with Hoak, a Natty, unlikely but hopefully, it doesn’t come down to it