Will the Big East Expand?

sportsfan1977

Norte Dame would would be a perfect fit.

BCS Bowl every year.

Norte Dame will never join a conference

1- the deal they have with NBC- dont have to share the money

2- Bowl money the keep all for themselves.

Only way they join a conference is the BCS cut them out and that will never happen.

Norte Dame will never join a conference

1- the deal they have with NBC- dont have to share the money

2- Bowl money the keep all for themselves.

Only way they join a conference is the BCS cut them out and that will never happen.

You sir are correct. ND has no reason to join a conference. Im sure they would take a big cut in proffits if they joined the BigEast.

Your kidding right? They would win the big East every year in football.

The same Notre Dame team that hasn't won a Bowl game in a decade? Before last season they had been very average for a lot of years. Would they win the Big East this year...maybe. UL and WVU are very good and Notre Dame is....to be kind...untested.

Love your passion for your team, but to claim anyone would win any conference every year is painting yourself in a corner.

How about we let them win a Bowl Game this century, and then we'll start anointing them (again) the greatest team in America.

Maybe we'll get a UL v. ND game in a Bowl and you'll have an idea if they'd have won the Big East this year. Although I think the thought of that might make RP have a breakdown. :D

The same Notre Dame team that hasn't won a Bowl game in a decade? Before last season they had been very average for a lot of years. Would they win the Big East this year...maybe. UL and WVU are very good and Notre Dame is....to be kind...untested.

Love your passion for your team, but to claim anyone would win any conference every year is painting yourself in a corner.

How about we let them win a Bowl Game this century, and then we'll start anointing them (again) the greatest team in America.

Maybe we'll get a UL v. ND game in a Bowl and you'll have an idea if they'd have won the Big East this year. Although I think the thought of that might make RP have a breakdown. :D

I am not a ND fan I Bleed Blue I was just thinging about the Big East today with only 8 teams if each team plays 12 games that is 7 conference games. If you get 5 OOC cupcakes you only have to win 1 conference game to be boel eligible. UCONN , Syracuse are pitiful and South Fla. is not very good. I was just wondering if they will add any teams and ND is already for basketball is why they came up.

Notre Dame did attempt to join a conference once. It didn't go well. They have a long memory in South Bend and dealing with Fielding Yost and the rest of the Big Ten was annoying. All they did without the conference was become the greatest program in college football.

Barring a huge shift in the program, causing them to be completely rotten, it'll never happen.