Open Job: Woodford County

Guest BehindTheLine

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing now that the new coach will be introduced tomorrow afternoon. Word is it will be Jaron Brown, former player and assistant coach at Bryan Station.

What's your opinion of the hire? I know you're a fixture in Lexington basketball.

What's your opinion of the hire? I know you're a fixture in Lexington basketball.

HA! I wouldn’t say I’m a fixture but I appreciate the kind words of that was their intention.

I’m sure Jaron will do a good job. He’s got experience coaching at all levels. He was the interim head coach at Bryan Station at the end of the 2015 season when Mike Allen stepped down. I’m sure he will be able to pull some Lexington area kids to Versailles as well. I think a lot of people get stuck on the whole “head coaching experience” thing, he will be fine. I do think the transition from the 11th Region to the 8th will be a lot harder then some people think, especially in that district.

Regardless of who gets the job, I think it is time to fill it and move on. Summer ball is just around the corner and coaches need to get things in place!

Whoever is named the coach will walk into a good position. I have always thought WC had the potential to be a great job.