March 6, 20197 yr I believe Jerry Palm has them at a #2. It probably will depend on who gets the 1 seed in the SEC tournament out of LSU and Tennessee. If LSU gets the 1 seed, then it sets up UK vs. Tennessee in the semi finals. Which would most likely be for the 1 seed in the Big dance. However, if Tennessee is the one seed in the SEC tournament. UK can't see them until the SEC Championship. So at that point, they may give it to Tennessee if both make the SEC Championship. The committee has shown they usually don't change anything based off the SEC Championship game. I agree with everything you are saying. Unfortunately we've seen all too often that the Title game means nothing. While Tennessee has a better overall record and they meet in the SEC title game, I still like UK's chances for #1. They have more Quad 1 wins than TN, which is supposed to be a big tell all for seeding. They split in the regular season and the Vols' win has a little bit of asterisk with the absence of Travis for UK. If UK wins out and gets to the Title game, vs whoever, I think they are the #1 seed from the SEC. Duke is very likely not going to win the ACC and does anyone here think they won't be a 1 seed if they beat UNC? And I think they are a #1 seed based on talent. So I don't think winning your conference is the only factor.
March 6, 20197 yr If it is UT vs. UK in the SEC title game, I could see the committee slotting the winner of that game as #1 seed and the loser of that game as #2 seed.
March 6, 20197 yr If it is UT vs. UK in the SEC title game, I could see the committee slotting the winner of that game as #1 seed and the loser of that game as #2 seed. Possibly and you would think that is how it should be. However, past history shows that they really don't consider much about what happens in the SEC title game. Can just look back to a couple years ago in 2016. UK and I believe Texas A&M tied for the regular season conference Championship. With A&M beating UK at A&M after Isaac Humphries got a technical at the very end when UK had it won. UK then plays them again in the SEC Championship and UK won. Yet somehow A&M got to be the 3 seed, and UK was a 4 seed. So it showed that they didn't take into account the Championship game at all. Maybe that will change this year though.
March 6, 20197 yr Possibly and you would think that is how it should be. However, past history shows that they really don't consider much about what happens in the SEC title game. Can just look back to a couple years ago in 2016. UK and I believe Texas A&M tied for the regular season conference Championship. With A&M beating UK at A&M after Isaac Humphries got a technical at the very end when UK had it won. UK then plays them again in the SEC Championship and UK won. Yet somehow A&M got to be the 3 seed, and UK was a 4 seed. So it showed that they didn't take into account the Championship game at all. Maybe that will change this year though. I don't know the details on how close those two were in 2016. This year, UT and UK resumes are very close. If UT gets another win over UK and the difference is 1 quadrant 1 win for UK versus UT having the head to head edge at 2-1, then I can see it being slotted according to who wins the SEC title game.
March 6, 20197 yr I don't know the details on how close those two were in 2016. This year, UT and UK resumes are very close. If UT gets another win over UK and the difference is 1 quadrant 1 win for UK versus UT having the head to head edge at 2-1, then I can see it being slotted according to who wins the SEC title game. I am not saying I disagree. IMO everything you said is exactly how it should go. I am just saying past decisions by the committee has shown they rarely take into account the SEC Championship game with it happening on the same day as Selection Sunday.
March 6, 20197 yr I guess I’ll disagree. I don’t see UT and Kentucky’s resumes as being even remotely close.
March 6, 20197 yr I guess I’ll disagree. I don’t see UT and Kentucky’s resumes as being even remotely close. I am going by the new key stat everyone keeps pointing to - quadrant 1 wins. If UT beats UK the next time they play, UK will have one more quad 1 win than UT, and UT will be 2-1 vs. UK. UK is 15-4 and UT is 13-3 in quad 1 & 2. Edited March 6, 20197 yr by Voice of Reason
March 6, 20197 yr I am going by the new key stat everyone keeps pointing to - quadrant 1 wins. If UT beats UK the next time they play, UK will have one more quad 1 win than UT, and UT will be 2-1 vs. UK. UK is 15-4 and UT is 13-3 in quad 1 & 2. And if UK beats UT on Saturday it is 16-3 vs 12-4. My point I was getting at is that the conference champ does not always get a #1 seed over a non -conference champ.
March 6, 20197 yr It's been a long season. I for one am ready for the NCAA to start. Skip the useless league tournaments.
March 7, 20197 yr It's been a long season. I for one am ready for the NCAA to start. Skip the useless league tournaments. Didn't realize Coach Cal had a BGP account haha!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.