Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 61 George Rogers Clark 49 (10th Region Finals)

Featured Replies

Second half seemed like it was all Jolly and Wilson for Campbell, but I was just following Twitter updates. Is that how it was?

You’re not wrong thinking that.

However, the Camels full court defense might be the unsung hero in this one.

Jolly, and Wilson do so much for this team, but Gross, with his in your shorts defensive play, I think goes unnoticed by many.

This Camels team plays good defense.

Congrats to the Camels and Coach Russell! Impressive run of success going. Good luck down state.

IMO GRC really under achieved this year. I know they had a nice record, but was it against soft teams, was that the reason they came up short in the second half against Campbell?

IMO GRC really under achieved this year. I know they had a nice record, but was it against soft teams, was that the reason they came up short in the second half against Campbell?

 

Their schedule was competitive. Henry Clay, Madison Central, Woodford County, Douglass, Wayne County; for example.

 

When the season started, I thought they were the favorites. Being taken to the limit by Bourbon County twice towards the end of the regular season was a red flag, but they did take Henry Clay to OT. I thought they would get it together at the regional tourney, but it's possible that Scott getting them into overtime in the late Friday game took something out of them. I don't know that it's entirely fair to say "underachieved" when you lose in the regional final to a top ten team in the state.

 

One thing that was clear is that a couple of Clark's guys are football players wearing basketball uniforms. There's nothing wrong with that; I'm a vocal proponent of playing multiple sports. But sometimes that bull in a china shop mentality doesn't translate to the hardwood.

 

And don't count out Clark for a while. They have some excellent young underclassmen; and will be back in the same position sooner rather than later.

Their schedule was competitive. Henry Clay, Madison Central, Woodford County, Douglass, Wayne County; for example.

 

When the season started, I thought they were the favorites. Being taken to the limit by Bourbon County twice towards the end of the regular season was a red flag, but they did take Henry Clay to OT. I thought they would get it together at the regional tourney, but it's possible that Scott getting them into overtime in the late Friday game took something out of them. I don't know that it's entirely fair to say "underachieved" when you lose in the regional final to a top ten team in the state.

 

One thing that was clear is that a couple of Clark's guys are football players wearing basketball uniforms. There's nothing wrong with that; I'm a vocal proponent of playing multiple sports. But sometimes that bull in a china shop mentality doesn't translate to the hardwood.

 

And don't count out Clark for a while. They have some excellent young underclassmen; and will be back in the same position sooner rather than later.

 

I'm not in total disagreement with you, but it just seems like the last two years they may have been the best team in a somewhat weak top to bottom region and have come away empty. You need to make hay on sunny days.

I am surprised they haven't won region yet with Cook at the lead. He is a great coach.

Edited by theguru
Rule 4

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.