Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County vs Georgetown, OH

Featured Replies

Elliott County won this game by 9 points. Georgetown is a top 5 team in Ohio's 2A class. Jonathon Ferguson led the way with 35 points and 10 rebounds. Ethan Faulkner added 19 points and 11 rebounds. Elliott County played a solid 3 quarters before being outscored 11 points in the last quater. Elliott County also showed signs of a productive bench, playing 10 players Effectivly.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elliott County won this game by 9 points. Georgetown is a top 5 team in Ohio's 2A class. Jonathon Ferguson led the way with 35 points and 10 rebounds. Ethan Faulkner added 19 points and 11 rebounds. Elliott County played a solid 3 quarters before being outscored 11 points in the last quater. Elliott County also showed signs of a productive bench, playing 10 players Effectivly.

 

Actually, your facts are pretty off base. Georgetown isn't a class 2A school, not classes in Ohio, it's divisions. They are a Division IV school, the smallest division in the state. It's a very small school. And as for Georgetown being a top five team in the state, even in D-IV, that would be highly irregular.

Faulkner and Ferguson both had 12 board's a piece!!!

I thought they played well the first 3 periods. Ferguson and Ethan both played the whole game and played very well. Georgetown had a nice team from what I seen if they are D 4 in Ohio that was a good matchup for Elliott. I think Elliott will get better as the year goes on.

  • Author

Thanks sportsfan for the correction. All my stats were unoffical but I thought they were correct. Georgetown could come into the 16th region a be a top 4 team.

Thanks sportsfan for the correction. All my stats were unoffical but I thought they were correct. Georgetown could come into the 16th region a be a top 4 team.

 

 

I agree I thought they outplayed Elliott in the 2nd half.

  • Author

I thought Elliott Co. played well for 3 quarters but I agree got out played the 4th quarter but you have to look at the people they had in for the majority of that quarter. Coach Mays played alot of different people.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the Elliot County fans consistently overrate their team? Sure, they are a nice little team, and the Faulkners and Fergusons are great competitors, but lets keep it real. Georgetown would not be a top 4 team in the 16th and the best Elliot County can hope to do this year is win the 16th region all A, they will have their hands full with Rose Hill who got pasted by Mason County last night. They will probally get their first reality check when they play Russell in the ekc tournament at Elliot County.

or maybe its just me:rolleyes:

Actually, your facts are pretty off base. Georgetown isn't a class 2A school, not classes in Ohio, it's divisions. They are a Division IV school, the smallest division in the state. It's a very small school. And as for Georgetown being a top five team in the state, even in D-IV, that would be highly irregular.

 

Why let facts get in the way, I guess.

Very few DIV teams in Ohio would be a top 4 or 5 team in any region in KY. Not trying to down grade Elliott but in watching Ohio bball for many years it just isnt the same as KY basketball. Unless of course your around Columbus, Cinn. or the Dayton area. Even then the better teams are the bigger schools.

 

I also miss the days that Portsmouth used to put out top level teams. PHS was the most intimidating place in the area to play in back in the day.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the Elliot County fans consistently overrate their team? Sure, they are a nice little team, and the Faulkners and Fergusons are great competitors, but lets keep it real. Georgetown would not be a top 4 team in the 16th and the best Elliot County can hope to do this year is win the 16th region all A, they will have their hands full with Rose Hill who got pasted by Mason County last night. They will probally get their first reality check when they play Russell in the ekc tournament at Elliot County.

or maybe its just me:rolleyes:

 

You care to state why this is the best they can hope for coming off a regional runnerup season?

Is it just me or does anyone else think the Elliot County fans consistently overrate their team? Sure, they are a nice little team, and the Faulkners and Fergusons are great competitors, but lets keep it real. Georgetown would not be a top 4 team in the 16th and the best Elliot County can hope to do this year is win the 16th region all A, they will have their hands full with Rose Hill who got pasted by Mason County last night. They will probally get their first reality check when they play Russell in the ekc tournament at Elliot County.

or maybe its just me:rolleyes:

 

I guess everybody will have to wait till march to see if they are overrated or underacheivers. I would say alot of people will have there hands full with Rose Hill they also have a nice team. The 16th will be fun to watch this year with 4-5 teams looking to win the region.

I thought Elliott Co. played well for 3 quarters but I agree got out played the 4th quarter but you have to look at the people they had in for the majority of that quarter. Coach Mays played alot of different people.

 

I think 10 people played for the Lions and he only had 2 starters in for most of the 4th.

Can someone post Elliott's schedule?

I think that behind Russell, Elliot is the team to beat. But I've been wrong before. Back when I predicted that Fairview would the region last season. ;)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.