2A Play-off Picture

Play 2 Win

Oh stop it one game at a time. Just win next week.

My old coach always said.

In order to win the prize you can't focus on the prize itself. You have to focus on the moments that lead to the prize.

Mercer has done so all year, and will continue to do that this week. This game is not about playing Russell or Belfry in the championship. It is about playing OC.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mercer got a break with OC beating Trigg....Trigg could have matched up better in the lines and are a more physical team thats solid defensively..
It wouldn't matter who came out of the west ... anyone that survived down here would have been a heavy underdog against Mercer.

A healthy Caldwell County, with their spread offense and a good run defense, would have been the best matchup for this side of the state, but the Tigers would still have to find Cinderella's slipper to get by Mercer.

No, some fans/posters just built them up that way.

Fort Campbell was never as heavy a favorite to win the state title as Mercer County has been for the last several weeks.

Ft. Campbell had more D1 players last year than MC this year

Male was supposed to roll over 4A being the #3 team in the nation and look what happened. My point is that anything can happen. I know MC is a heavy favorite. I know they probably could beat the Ft. Campbell last year. Im just saying that OC has a chance. Everyone is acting like they should not have this game and go ahead to state. But Ft. Campbell last year wasn't much more of a favorite because we were a lot better than this year. WE WERE STACKED IN 03 and look what happened.

MY POINT: Anything can happen, lets play and see.

Male was supposed to roll over 4A being the #3 team in the nation and look what happened. My point is that anything can happen. I know MC is a heavy favorite. I know they probably could beat the Ft. Campbell last year. Im just saying that OC has a chance. Everyone is acting like they should not have this game and go ahead to state. But Ft. Campbell last year wasn't much more of a favorite because we were a lot better than this year. WE WERE STACKED IN 03 and look what happened.

MY POINT: Anything can happen, lets play and see.

BigGuns,

Most of the people who are predicting blowouts are not Mercer fans. Trust me, the Mercer players, coaches, and fans take OC very seriously.

Yes we beleive we have a good team and we are very proud of them. The success of this team has been that they have not looked ahead. I have seldom seen young men so focused on the moment.

I know OC is well coached and will be well prepared. I predict a good game, and I hope Mercer is the better team this Friday.

Ft. Campbell ROLLED over teams last year the same way as MC.

If you just came in on this you would think Fort Campbell was in the playoffs.

I think that Mercer will win by several TD's.

The Russell, Belfry game!! Toss up. Of course I'm pulling for my team but it is just to close to call with Belfry having the edge. Home Field is Big in this one. Turnovers will also be big. I'm sure glad I don't have to watch Doug Howard knock people around this time. I thought Howard popped the ball when he hit Gross going into the end zone two years ago. Tyler Jones will have his best game yet in this one. Frazure will be vital. I don't think they will key on Clark thus he has a good game with Beekman, and Wells getting a reasonable amount of carries. The linemen for Russell will have thier best game yet. They will hold thier blocks. Sizemore should make at least one pick in the secondary. He's like a leopard ready to pounce back there. Even if Russell brings thier best game you know Belfry will be ready. They always are.

I think these two teams like playing each other. Both like to hit hard. Opps there goes the ball. Fumble. The team that has the least turnovers and good breaks should win this one.

One thing is for certain. The best team will win no excusses, no cry babies, no what ifs. :fight:

If you just came in on this you would think Fort Campbell was in the playoffs.

I think that Mercer will win by several TD's.

The Russell, Belfry game!! Toss up. Of course I'm pulling for my team but it is just to close to call with Belfry having the edge. Home Field is Big in this one. Turnovers will also be big. I'm sure glad I don't have to watch Doug Howard knock people around this time. I thought Howard popped the ball when he hit Gross going into the end zone two years ago. Tyler Jones will have his best game yet in this one. Frazure will be vital. I don't think they will key on Clark thus he has a good game with Beekman, and Wells getting a reasonable amount of carries. The linemen for Russell will have thier best game yet. They will hold thier blocks. Sizemore should make at least one pick in the secondary. He's like a leopard ready to pounce back there. Even if Russell brings thier best game you know Belfry will be ready. They always are.

I think these two teams like playing each other. Both like to hit hard. Opps there goes the ball. Fumble. The team that has the least turnovers and good breaks should win this one.

One thing is for certain. The best team will win no excusses, no cry babies, no what ifs. :fight:

Actually it was David Jones that popped the ball loose at the goal line.

Male was supposed to roll over 4A being the #3 team in the nation and look what happened.
Not quite. Everyone knew that Male would have a tough time with Trinity.

As for the national ranking ... big deal. Lots of good it did them.

But Ft. Campbell last year wasn't much more of a favorite because we were a lot better than this year.
It wasn't just Owensboro Catholic. Several of the top contenders fielded better teams last year, in my opinion ... Trigg County and Owensboro Catholic in the west and Belfry and maybe Russell in the east, to name some.