Danville 33 Bethlehem 14

Birdsfan

Way to roll Ads! Our denfense look very good tonight! Our offense did a good job also,I just wish the coaches would run the bone until the other team shuts it down! I want to congratulate Bethlehem on a great season! They are a very good football team! Goodluck also the the Jackson Kid in the future I think he has alot of potential to play college football!

Just back from the game. Very sad.

Bethlehem lost to a better team. We weren't running for much our first two series, and went away from it and tried to pass. Just not our strength. Richard Kay was gutsy, but we dropped an awful lot of passes tonight. Front seven defensively for Danville is very good, more on that in a minute.

I actually thought Bethlehem did very well against the run in the first 3 quarters, but boy did they break down on pass coverage with backs coming out of the backfield. Strode killed us running the wheel.

Play of the game, though, was when it was 15-7 Danville with about 9 min. to go in the 3rd, Eagles have just scored, and the defense has Danville stopped, 3rd and 34 at the Eagle 49 yd. line, and Witten scrambles away from pressure and hits a wide open Strode coming out of the backfield to pick up the 1st down. 2 plays later Ross, scores. Totally took the life out of us. Another big play was with 2 min. left in 1st half, Bethlehem goes for it on 4th and goal from the Danville 12, complete the pass to Jackson but he gets tackled at the 1 yard line. If those 2 plays go differently, I think its a different ballgame. Mind you, I never thought the game was out of Danville's hands, but had those two plays gone differently, I think the game would have gone wire to wire.

Danville People: When are you going to start talking up your lineman? Strode, very good. Ross, solid. Witten, good game manager. Macon, I dunno. But your horses are down there on the line. Hughes should be an all-state candidate, he is that good. Chuck Elliott, awesome. Brooks Evans, awesome. #2 Dominique Alcorn played a great game. Your lineman remind me of Mayfield's lineman last year, very big, very athletic. I am re-nominating you for the favorite to win state.

You've got to be able to draw more fans than that, though. I mean, c'mon. It was the Region Championship, and Bethlehem might have even had more fans there. It was very close.

Coach Steve Hart, what a run. 10 years. Its been memorable. Great senior class for the Eagles. Nothing to hang their heads about. Several of them will be playing on Saturdays, and I'm sure all will be fine citizens in years to come.

Although I'm happy to get the W tonight, the Ads had better work on taking care of the ball next week in practice. They also had a lot of silly penalties in the game tonight. Defensively, we did a superb job of containing Bethlehem's speed and plugging up the interior when they tried to run up the middle. Offensively, the wishbone worked to perfection again this week. After working so well last week, we were beginning to wonder why the team utilized this formation so sparingly in the first half. In the second half, they lined up in the wishbone much more and it was just as effective as it had been the previous week.

Bethlehem showed a lot of heart as I expected they would. You have to respect a team that can fight you that hard with only 26 or so players.

And so we live to fight one more week.............................

You've got to be able to draw more fans than that, though. I mean, c'mon. It was the Region Championship, and Bethlehem might have even had more fans there. It was very close.

Actually, we considered our crowd to be quite good tonight, relatively speaking. You see, the Ads are victims of their own success. Year after year when the Ads are in the early rounds of the playoffs, you will often see sparse attendance at the games. I suppose everyone thinks "aw I'll just go to the semis or final" or something along those lines.